OT: Old Dragonforce Thread...where's it at?

LydonB

Jun 7, 2005
Ashburn, VA
Didn't we have a pretty amusing thread about Dragonforce a while back? I'm trying to find it...I did some pretty hefty searching but didn't find anything. It was talking about the dragonforce solos being sped up or something. I just want to find it so I can check it out again. Thanks guys.

Yeah, I remember that thread a while back, but sped up or not (which I don't think it is), I find Dragonforce very entertaining.

They clinically rip ...fucking wickedly

They sound like the lovechild between Malmsteen and an 80's Nintendo music programmer. Fucking dire.

Write a fucking song!

lol i agree with you all. there are a ton of fanboys at school that think dragonforce is the best thing since the wheel...and i remembered this thread we had and i wanted to see it again. i freaking searched for a good while last night with no results :(.

Yeah, same here. Everyone is so wet over them - it pisses me off. They refuse to listen to any other powermetal bands anyone tries to show them; they just sit there in a puddle of their own vaginal secretions over fucking gameboy music.

The only decent thing about Dragonforce is the vocals, I think.

Now.. Dragonlord, on the other hand = \m/.

Yeah, same here. Everyone is so wet over them - it pisses me off. They refuse to listen to any other powermetal bands anyone tries to show them; they just sit there in a puddle of their own vaginal secretions over fucking gameboy music.

Same here. Seems like people jizz all over one band in a style without realizing there are many others than own that one band. That aside, Dragonforce put on an amazing show when I saw them. It was packed, the crowd was wild and everyone was happy. Memories, oh memories.

Nah, they're not sped up.

I can play dragonforce speeds ... It's only 16ths at 200-210bpm.

They are sloppy as fuck, right enough but none the less, they do play it.

I cant for the life of me understand why that crap fucking band is so popular... its out of absolutely nowhere that they got big, too!

I prefer Communic and Mercenary when I want to listen to vaguely power metal type jams.

Nah, they're not sped up.

They are, I was told by the guy who engineered/mixed the album. It's a technique he uses often to help guys nail those solos that are taking a few too many takes (something I know as I assisted on a bands album that was recorded/mixed/mastered at Thin Ice with him a couple of months ago). The Dragonforce guys decided to use it as an effect rather than a way of playing solos they otherwise can't.

I cant for the life of me understand why that crap fucking band is so popular... its out of absolutely nowhere that they got big, too!

I prefer Communic and Mercenary when I want to listen to vaguely power metal type jams.

They'd been doing the uk circuit for years.

They are, I was told by the guy who engineered/mixed the album. It's a technique he uses often to help guys nail those solos that are taking a few too many takes (something I know as I assisted on a bands album that was recorded/mixed/mastered at Thin Ice with him a couple of months ago). The Dragonforce guys decided to use it as an effect rather than a way of playing solos they otherwise can't.

Aye?

Interesting fact, didn't know that!

Well, my point stands that soloing at 200bpm isn't impossible :lol: