OT - So what's the deal with Killswitch Engage?

Social Distortion

The Voice of Reason
Sep 10, 2004
Lahti Rock City, Finland
I can't make up my mind, are they a good band or not? There are songs I like, and This Fire is one of my favorite songs in recent years, but then there are moments when I find myself laughing at them for being so bad.

What do ya'll think about them?

Alive or Just Breathing and The End of Heartache are great. Leave the rest.

On the flipside, the Times of Grace record that came out earlier this year is superb. Better than any of the KSE records imo.

Alive or Just Breathing is all you need. That record is awesome even if it's a bit cheesy. Their original vocalist is a lot better than the other guy.

I gave them a shot and picked up a cd a few years ago. Wasn't too impressed and sold it. Just my opinion though.

Are they generally considered a "good" band? I know lots of girls love them for some reason.

They are considered a great band in metalcore circles, and they have lots of commercial appeal generally. So I suppose it depends on how heavy you like your metal:devil: . Seeing as you prefer Shania Twain over symphonic black metal, I'd say you'd do well to get into them, especially the light ballad stuff like Inhale :lol:

I like tracks 1-3 of End of Heartache & some other tracks.

Not too bad a band, for me, a bit too commercial, and I'm not a huge metalcore fan

Holy shit I just put on AOJB for the first time in forever and the beginning of Numbered Days sounds like the intro to The Devil You Know LOL

They are considered a great band in metalcore circles, and they have lots of commercial appeal generally. So I suppose it depends on how heavy you like your metal:devil: . Seeing as you prefer Shania Twain over symphonic black metal, I'd say you'd do well to get into them, especially the light ballad stuff like Inhale :lol:

I like tracks 1-3 of End of Heartache & some other tracks.

Not too bad a band, for me, a bit too commercial, and I'm not a huge metalcore fan

Oh I wasn't asking if they're liked enough for me to like them, I was just wondering because I find their music very inconsistent. There's shit I like and there's some I don't.

By the way, symphonic BLACK metal was never mentioned in the conversation, it was just symphonic metal. Also, you are very good at getting jokes!

I liked them when they had Jesse on vocals. I can't really dig the Howard guy. It's just not the same without Jesse out on vocals. I think this band could have been great but they really got kind of monotonous and taken over by metal core

I liked them when they had Jesse on vocals. I can't really dig the Howard guy. It's just not the same without Jesse out on vocals. I think this band could have been great but they really got kind of monotonous and taken over by metal core

Check out the Times of Grace record. It has Jesse on it and he sounds killer!!