OT: Soundwave 2013 (Australia)

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Lineup announced - couldn't give a shit for most of the bands except the obvious ones)

Metallica
Linkin Park
Blink 182
a Perfect Circle
the Offspring
Paramore
Garbage
Tomahawk
Stone Sour
Kyuss Lives
Anthrax
Sum 41
Dragonforce
Flogging Molly
Ghost
Duff Mckagan’s Loaded
Motion City Soundtrack
Lawrence Arms
Kingdom of Sorrow
Fozzy
Sleeping With Sirens
Cancer Bats
Madball
Vision of Disorder
Pierce the Veil
Periphery
Shai Halud
of Mice & Men
Miss May I
Woe Is Me
the Wonder Years
While She Sleeps
Such Gold
Lucero
Six Feet Under
Deaf Havana
Red Fang
Chunk! No Captain Chunk!
Memphis May Fire

i shoulda known they would be playing soundwave,thats a pretty cool line up,lotsa bands to check out that i normally wouldnt c on there own.

On second look there are few more bands on there that I would like to see - Patton's Tomahawk kinda slipped my first glance.

Jericho's Fozzy are actually quite cool and I liked Garbage back in the day.

I've always kinda liked Sum 41, I saw them cover Master of Puppets on some Metallica tribute show, they love metal. I borrowed one of their albums from someone before and it was pretty good I'd go see them.

I've always kinda liked Sum 41, I saw them cover Master of Puppets on some Metallica tribute show, they love metal. I borrowed one of their albums from someone before and it was pretty good I'd go see them.

I remember listening to their stuff simply as they were fans of Anthrax - I didn't mind them either to be honest.

I've been waiting since 1988 to see my 2 favourite bands on this planet together on the same bill. My whole family will be going.

SUM 41 is awesome, its always cool to see that a band loves metal yet didn't take itself too seriously. Hilarious videos back in the day.

I've been waiting since 1988 to see my 2 favourite bands on this planet together on the same bill. My whole family will be going.

:headbang: My 15 year old son has `kindly' demanded I take him to Soundwave next year.

Damn, a week before I get to Australia for 2 and a half months. Get in to Sydney on the 7th. Oh well...

2nd announcement confirms SLAYER joining Soundwave.

Almost the Big 4 ... sans Megadeth.

I remember that. Tom's voice was shot i think or was it cause of Jeff's illness?

is presale over,alot of ticks have already sold,i signed up to mailing list but not sure if i can get ticks early,might have to wait for general public sale.