OT - Soundwave Australia

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Wow. What a fantastic day it was at Soundwave (Adelaide).

System of a Down were absolutely incredible. One of the very best live shows I've ever been too. They did a fantastic set and what I love about these guys is they are just so genuine.

Highlight of the day though was watching the utterly hot piece of ass that is Taylor Momsen from the Pretty Reckless. Aside from giving me a boner she actually has a really good stage presence and voice too.

Slipknot were surprisingly very entertaining.

Sore and tired but smiling :)

BTW I swore Vinnie Paul walked past me in the crowd late on - I was just too slow and stupid to even say anything.

A great day yes mate. Saw a ton of bands, drank a ton of piss, and had a lot of fun.

Saw Chimaira, Black Dahlia Murder, Times of Grace, Alter Bridge, A Day To Remember, In Flames, LoG, Mastodon, Slipknot, Machine Head. MH took prize for band of the day for me, followed closely by LoG.Surprise of the day was Coal Chamber....never a huge fan of them but I had to give it to them.....really good stuff and had a huge crowd. Hot bassist too.

Dissapointment of the day was Mastodon. Love these guys hugely but they just didn't bring it and everyone was bored. And sorry aliasp.... saw the first half hour of SoaD and thought they were plain boring....just going through the motions. Prison song and BYOB sounded ok but I just couldn't get excited for it. Maybe it was just us....

Missed Taylor's boobies..... LoG was just too important to not watch!!!! Oh, and picked up a WM shirt in the tents late in the day. Bonus!!!!

Fucking sore and sunburnt right now. Great day all round.

A great day yes mate. Saw a ton of bands, drank a ton of piss, and had a lot of fun.

Saw Chimaira, Black Dahlia Murder, Times of Grace, Alter Bridge, A Day To Remember, In Flames, LoG, Mastodon, Slipknot, Machine Head. MH took prize for band of the day for me, followed closely by LoG.Surprise of the day was Coal Chamber....never a huge fan of them but I had to give it to them.....really good stuff and had a huge crowd. Hot bassist too.

Dissapointment of the day was Mastodon. Love these guys hugely but they just didn't bring it and everyone was bored. And sorry aliasp.... saw the first half hour of SoaD and thought they were plain boring....just going through the motions. Prison song and BYOB sounded ok but I just couldn't get excited for it. Maybe it was just us....

Missed Taylor's boobies..... LoG was just too important to not watch!!!! Oh, and picked up a WM shirt in the tents late in the day. Bonus!!!!

Fucking sore and sunburnt right now. Great day all round.

Thats a good lineup.

LoG, Slipknot, In Flames. I even like Alter Bridge and A Day To Remember. Good to see that Coal Chamber is back.