OT: ST touring Oz in May 2011

the bands dont fucking stop coming lol,theres already a tonne of bands coming next year,hopefully they are all spaced out thru the year.

Kinda shitty that Megadeth are playing this month on that No Sleep Til festival and I can't afford it - they are playing the whole Rust in Peace album but I can't justify the $125 just to see that album. Wish they were doing standalone shows.

ST is a great band for sure but the only show of theirs i saw was one of the worst shows ever, Mike was pissed and left the stage after 30 mins.

YES YES YES!!!

One of my fav bands is coming to Oz in May next year.

SUICIDAL TENDENCIES! Must say I lost touch with their later catalogue but their earlier stuff is absolutely brilliant.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150605
:headbang:

Don't expect the same Suicidal Tendencies that you loved back in the day. They are a completely different band now than they were back then. If you are expecting the thrash metal Suicidal you will be fairly disappointed. They are mainly a punk rock band now, similar to how they were on their first album. I loved Join The Army, How Can I Laugh..., Lights.. Camera.. Suicidal and some of Art of Rebellion, but haven't liked the more punk style shit they have done since changing the band around back in the day. They do play some of the old songs live but it's just not the same as it was back then

Kinda shitty that Megadeth are playing this month on that No Sleep Til festival and I can't afford it - they are playing the whole Rust in Peace album but I can't justify the $125 just to see that album. Wish they were doing standalone shows.

yeah wierd festival for them to be on,woulda been better them doing soundwave or there own shows

That's because Dean Pleasants can't play Rocky George's songs for shit!! The setlist is dumbed down dramatically for that reason (Eric Moore is no R.J. Herrera either). I caught them on 11-13 in Worcester, Suicidal has been my favorite band forever from the 1st album thru Suicidal 4 Life (minus the horrible "Art of Rebellion" and "Still Cyco") And it just wasn't good.. As much as it pains me to say it D.R.I. and the Cro-mags were the best bands that night.. (D.R.I. was awesome and would've been great headliners)

I agree with IMF09 don't set your expectations too high..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHbVsnB4tgE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

They do play some of the old songs live but it's just not the same as it was back then

I didn't say it was a big event. It was still great, how often do you get to share a stage with one of your idols? I suppose you are Ed at every Maiden show?

I guess my point is that these guys should be influences in peoples musical live, but shouldn't be regarded so highly as to say 'idols'. I have worked in the music biz long enough to know that a lot of these guys that are considered 'idols' are scum bags in their real lives. So it always gets me a little sick when I see these freak out about wanting to shake their hand, or touch them and shit.

I have a hard time idolizing any 1 person in a band.

There are many regular people just like us out there that do amazing things to benefit humanity and actually make a huge difference in the world. Those should be the people we idolize. But we chose to idolize famous people instead.

But in all seriousness I am not trying to single you out or make you feel bad. So I apologize for that.

I guess my point is that these guys should be influences in peoples musical live, but shouldn't be regarded so highly as to say 'idols'. I have worked in the music biz long enough to know that a lot of these guys that are considered 'idols' are scum bags in their real lives. So it always gets me a little sick when I see these freak out about wanting to shake their hand, or touch them and shit.

I have a hard time idolizing any 1 person in a band.

There are many regular people just like us out there that do amazing things to benefit humanity and actually make a huge difference in the world. Those should be the people we idolize. But we chose to idolize famous people instead.

But in all seriousness I am not trying to single you out or make you feel bad. So I apologize for that.

Fuck the world, I idolize people who make a difference on my life.

It's ok, I wasn't that offended, just surprised.