OT Suicidal Tendencies

Wouldn't have minded going but was interstate for work. Was it at Fowlers? Good sized crowd?

Were there dudes like this in their Suicidal hats?

scene.jpg

I only saw them live once, I was in college and Josh Paul was playing bass. OMG what a sick bass player I was jaw-dropped he was just a kid and he played the funkiest shit ever. He's now Daughtry's bass player, so funny he plays mellow music now cause he has to but he can smoke any bass player out there now. He can't showcase his talents now but check out his Suicidal days...also Brooks from Bad Religion playing drums!

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved ST back in the day. They still put on a good show. But it's just not the same now. It's more of a punk vibe. I know they basically started out as punk and its cool they kind of went back to their roots. But the thrashier stuff they did during the Join The Army / How Will I Laugh / Lights, Camera / and even some on Art of Rebellion was some of the best stuff ever.

If they kept that line up together and continued doing thrash style music I really think they would have gone on to be one of the biggest thrash bands in the scene

saw SUICIDAL only once live about 10 yrs ago and that was easily the worst show of my life, Mike was pissed and left the stage after only 20 - 30 mins.

Seen them twice, both times a bit disappointed basically because of the sound. Some of their tunes such as You Can't Bring Me Down or Possessed To Skate are my favorites.

Saw them earlier this year.. I waited a long ass time to see that!!! It was a great time..

One of the sickest, most violent and energetic mosh pits I've ever seen given the small but very packed venue. A lot of older metal heads there but it was great - mind you I saw my fair share of younger fans too - a couple of teens who somehow got in as well.

They got up their skate team and all of them were stage diving (haven't seen that in a while over here due to over zealous security at most gigs). Even the rather hot young nubile girls were going for it in the pit. Always a nice view :)

The sound was better as the night went on - always an issue in such a small venue that the mix was gonna distort initially.

Eric Moore (their drummer) put on one utterly awesome drum solo. Fucking awesome.

Mike was talking and talking but he's great. Hasn't lost any of his zest or energy.

Had a blast but still feeling the effects ;-)

BTW this is the lineup
Mike Muir - Vocals
Mike Clark - Guitars
Eric Moore - Drums
Dean Pleasants - Guitars
Steve Brunner - Bassguitars

One of the sickest, most violent and energetic mosh pits I've ever seen given the small but very packed venue. A lot of older metal heads there but it was great - mind you I saw my fair share of younger fans too - a couple of teens who somehow got in as well.

They got up their skate team and all of them were stage diving (haven't seen that in a while over here due to over zealous security at most gigs). Even the rather hot young nubile girls were going for it in the pit. Always a nice view :)

The sound was better as the night went on - always an issue in such a small venue that the mix was gonna distort initially.

Eric Moore (their drummer) put on one utterly awesome drum solo. Fucking awesome.

Mike was talking and talking but he's great. Hasn't lost any of his zest or energy.

Had a blast but still feeling the effects ;-)

BTW this is the lineup
Mike Muir - Vocals
Mike Clark - Guitars
Eric Moore - Drums
Dean Pleasants - Guitars
Steve Brunner - Bassguitars

cool

ST, my 2nd fav after Anthrax:headbang::headbang::headbang:

See them two times, (at the Rockstore, in Montpellier)
first one into the "goodbye tour" in 1995,
and the second time in 1999.

Just unlistenable, So loud !
the both times I almost don't recognize the songs!

The second time, with Josh Paul: i watched him play with his mouth wide open and tongue out, it looked like an retarded :loco:
Excellent bass player however!

The problem with ST, is the same as anthrax : they change their own style with an other, (squarely punk in a first time, mixed with Infectious grooves in a second time), old fans don't recognize them in this style! but, (the same with Anthrax), i like the both ways!

AH, and just for the little story, i see Fishbone on stage the last week, and into the break of "Alcoholic" they play the intro of.......

I think I was the only one to notice that! I ask to Rocky:worship::worship: after the gig : he confirm!

AWESOME:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Not the good date, but 6 days later at (1:15)

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved ST back in the day. They still put on a good show. But it's just not the same now. It's more of a punk vibe. I know they basically started out as punk and its cool they kind of went back to their roots. But the thrashier stuff they did during the Join The Army / How Will I Laugh / Lights, Camera / and even some on Art of Rebellion was some of the best stuff ever.

If they kept that line up together and continued doing thrash style music I really think they would have gone on to be one of the biggest thrash bands in the scene

+1. :Spin: