OT: Vicious Dog Pack kills Gator In Florida

poker_fan_in_nyc

CDC member: Shana112573
Aug 2, 2005
Queens, New York
www.myspace.com
At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the "apex predator" in it's natural eco-system, can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight knit social structure and "survival of the fittest pack mentality", bred into the canines over the last several hundreds of years by natural selection.

See the attached remarkable photograph courtesy of Nature Magazine .

Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from breathing, while the remainder of the pack prevents the beast from rolling.

Not for the squeamish!

We strongly recommend that you preview this privately before determining if a younger audience views the below contents

Funny!.. You had me worried there at first.... I thought it was going to be some glorification of dark & evil waste of space blogging. Good sense of humor you have!!

Danny rctv said:
:cry: AW MAN!!!I was hopping to see some gator gore!!!

Of course I also have this picture of a python that exploded after eating an alligator:

In this photo provided by the Everglades National Park, the carcass of a six-foot American alligator is shown protruding from the midsection of a 13-foot Burmese python Monday, Sept. 26, 2005 in Everglades National Park, Fla., after the snake apparently swallowed the alligator, resulting in the deaths of both animals. Everglades National Park photo