other bands people are into

spatch

Nov 20, 2003
London Uk
Hi Just interested in what other people listen to as well as Zero hour or Death Machine
Here are some of mine
On the prog metal front
Andromeda
Cynic
Dream Theater
Fates Warning
Pain of Salvation
Power of Omens
Soundscape
Sieges Even
Spiral Architect
Threshold
On the prog side
Yes
Pink Flold
King Crimson
Rush
Nektar
on the fusion side
Trey Gunn
7 for 4
4 Front
Gamalon
On the virg
Shawn Lane
Gordian Knot
Jazz side
Pat Metheny
Birelli Lagrene
Django
World music side
V.M Bhatt
Strunz and Farah
L.Subramaniam
Pop
Kate Bush
Peter Gabriel
Nick Cave
Metal side
Crimson Glory
Queensryche
Tool
Also enjoy the odd concerto and film score
Spatch

Great bunch of bands and players on your list Spatch.

Pat Metheny, Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, Meshuggah, Nevermore, Spiral Architect, Porcupine Tree, Jason Becker, Dream Theater, Cacophony, Tool, King Crimson, Buckethead, Shawn Lane, Mark Whitfield, Norman Brown, Cynic, Dillinger Escape Plan, Paul Gilbert, Michael Hedges, Grip Inc, Mudvayne, Philippe Saisse, Brian Culbertson, Lyle Mays, Jaco, Elvis, Sade and this will go on forever if I don't stop now. So many great bands and players out there. MUSIC RULES!!!!

Jasun/ZH

ZHJ&T said:
Great bunch of bands and players on your list Spatch.

Thanks for the response Jasun. I must admit there are some people on your list I do not know, which is great as it gives me some new bands and artists to check out!
Yes; music rules!
Spatch

Spastic Ink, Extol, Atrox, Gorguts, Ephel Duath, Into The Moat, Botch, Death & Taxes, Änglagård, Radiation4, Nostromo, Rabih Abou Khalil, Actual Time, Behold...The Arctopus, Psychotogen, Light Pupil Dilate...Or, know what? Just check out algoblast.com for one of the biggest technical music database & distro on the web. Hey Jasun btw: I got the very first edition of Metamorphosis mate! :D found it! ROCK ON!
OYC

A lot of those mentioned above, and I'd like to mention another US metal band - Antithesis. Their "Dying For Life" album continues to blow me away on a daily basis. They have recently undergone some line-up changes, but are currently recording a new album. I can't wait.

Oh btw...maybe my band will appeal to some people out here. It's not really prog, but it's quite technical with some lil odd time signatures and stuff. In the vein of Meshuggah, Nostromo, The Dillinger Escape Plan, and stuff like that. check it out at www.e-nerv.com, there are two entire songs from our forthcoming MCD in there, or in the media section of algoblast.com
Cheers!
OYC