Other Music

The_Wanderer

In search for truth
Oct 15, 2001
Santiago de chilito
Visit site
What other kind of music do you listen besides metal?
I like to listen to softer music (1), and also classic prog rock(2)

I Like Empiriyum
Ulver (specifically Kveldssanger)
Sopor Aeternus
3rd and the mortal

Pendragon
Camel
Marillion
E.L.P.

I can't say that I listen to RPG music... But, I do love the music from both the Wild ARMs games! I have all the songs downloaded, since I doubt that I will be able to ever get the original soundtrack...

Other music? Hmm...

Some classical (assorted)

Some techno / industrial (Skinny Puppy, Frontline Assembly, Information Society, Pet Shop Boys)

Some anime-related stuff

Occasional goth-like-stuff (Feilds of the Nephilim, Type O)

Really, nearly anything that isn't rap, country, or otherwise unlistenable.

yeah i lsiten to them sometime, and any instrumental song i like i keep. needforspeed5 have good music.

WILD ARMS!!! I love the first one, I own the second and got about 30 hours into it and just couldn't finish it, it was so god damn redundant!! The first was great none the less.

Anyways....
I listen to Prog Rock/Metal
Classical
I like some trance stuff when I hear it
I love Video Game Music, RPG's (I am often caught singing either the Mario song, or the victory theme to Final Fantasy 3 at school)
Shredders (Joe Satriani)
Folk
New Age (Mike Oldfield)

I think that is about it

Matchbox 20
A perfect Circle
Our lady peace
The tea party
Nirvana
Rage against the machine
The verve Pipe
The prodigy
and IDM,, Intelligent Dance Music which was shown to me by a member of this board and I think i'm startin to like it a bit .
I also like Pink Floyd Led Zeppelin and I wouldn't call sentenced Metal anymore and I love them

Ozzy Ozboune
Old Marilyn Manson
Guns N Roses
Steve Vai (somewhat metal I geuss)
the list goes on and on and on ,, I like more non-metal bands than I do Metal Bands

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "Minibosses" yet.

They're basically a metal band that plays music from classic video games, such as "ghosts and goblins, punchout, contra, metroid, zelda"

Check them out at mp3.com or download otherwise. Punchout is my favorite. :D

I like Phil Collins/Genesis alot, Billy Joel, Elton John, Kansas is pretty good, alot of stuff from the 80's, Enya is awesome, I don't care what anybody says, early Michael Jackson, Run DMC, 311, Red Hot Chili Peppers, everybody should check out die Ärzte, a German punk band, they are the best (next to Opeth of course!), and a bunch of other stuff...

Classical (Orff, Mussorgsky, Wagner, Beethoven, Barber)
Industrial (Evil's Toy, Funker Vogt, Laether Strip, etc)
Classic Rock (Fogerty, Zepp, Pink Floyd, etc)
Prog (and prog-metal) (Gordian Knot, Marillion, Artension)
Guitar Rock (Satriani, Vai, Buckethead, Vinnie Moore, Barrett Tagliarino, etc.)
Dark Ambient

I had a James Brown live cd which i bought for 3 dollars. It was ment to be a joke cd to have in the car but it´s really cool, james brown all the way!!! (To bad it was stolen from my car as well as my cd player and Slayer´s Seasons in the abyss, god damn thiefing junkies
Anyway I like A perfect Circle and music from skate and snow vids really grows on you; Modest mouse, Misfists Ween etc.

from the top of my head...

Classical - Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninoff, Sibelius, Beethoven

Dream Theater
Spock's Beard
Nevermore
Soundgarden
Savatage
Ice Age

older stuff...

Pink Floyd
Rush
Jethro Tull
Motown stuff

Various

Victor Wooten

I like this different music:

Modena City Ramblers
Bob Marley
Ozzy Osbourne
The Doors (a little)
Jamiroquay (a little)
Ecstatic Fear
Tiamat
Litfiba (a little)
Monspell

Originally posted by warsofwinter
and IDM

What IDM? Its usually really good but some people suck :loco: Scanner and Illusion of safety have to be my faves (tho the latter is more dark-ambient).

But as I can just copy and paste a list of band I listen to that I wrote for another board:

A sliver mount zion, Opeth, depeche mode, GNR, ICP, Delerium, Enigma, NIN, This Mortal coil, Dead can dance, rammstein, Wolfgang press, Throwing muses, Rage, Katatonia, Anathema, Cocteua Twins, Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, pink floyd, his name is alive, alice cooper, godhead, paula cole, radiohead, union under ground, chris cornell, kirsten hersh, tool, queensryche, stabbing westward, tori amos, alas, machines of loving grace, the jesus and mary chain, my life with the thrill kill cult, gary numan, pixies, depot t, throbbing gristle, jayne siberry, type O, the mission, ministry,force of hatred, siouxie, radiohead, mike oldfield, reamon, paula cole, herbie hancock, unkle, charlie parker, mile davis and then some speedcore, gabber, hardcore techno, digital hgardcore, industrial, dark ambient, ambient, intelligent dance, world music, trance, goa, jazz, funk, blues etc.

That is a pretty shortened list tho.... And JCP:

Victor Wooten

I've gota really cool bass solo by him! What kind ofmusic is it usually?