Our Bay Area Brothers! Zero Hour - Dark Deceiver

Well...here's one of those times that I have to remind myself that we're not on our own forum anymore, and I can't speak my mind.

I'm very proud of them for their success. They've obviously worked hard for it. I'll just say that it was just way too busy and anti-melodic for my taste. The "King Diamond" style vocal thing was interesting though.

But hey, they've sold more records than I ever will, so they must be doing something right! :headbang: That's why they'll be in the big room at the BARFest.

P.S. Very nice recording sound!!! The guitar tone is especially good!

SRS

Right on, I know Zero Hour aren't for everybody. Their brand of technical and very hard hitting progressive playing is hard to get into on first listen, third listen, hey by the tenth listen I still have a hard time digesting some of it. Eventually I usually do. But I have always marveled at their skills and have grown to love their music. They have dabbled in more mainstream and melodic styles but they know where their bread and butter is. Not very many bands go where they go and I think their fans appreciate them stretching those boundries. Plus Jasun and Troy are such Kool Kats!! LOL

I would love to see you guys do a show with them!! That would rule!!!! APtT & ZH!!!:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Seriously, I can't wait to see you do your thing, Roosta!

Right on, I know Zero Hour aren't for everybody. Their brand of technical and very hard hitting progressive playing is hard to get into on first listen, third listen, hey by the tenth listen I still have a hard time digesting some of it. Eventually I usually do. But I have always marveled at their skills and have grown to love their music. They have dabbled in more mainstream and melodic styles but they know where their bread and butter is. Not very many bands go where they go and I think their fans appreciate them stretching those boundries. Plus Jasun and Troy are such Kool Kats!! LOL

Very cool! They are definitely skilled, just not my thing. Maybe next time I hear them, I'll love 'em. As I've said before, strangely I'm not a fan of prog. I love certain bands but most of it is just self-aggrandizing, masturbatory wanking. But luckily, that's just my opinion. :lol:

I would love to see you guys do a show with them!! That would rule!!!! APtT & ZH!!!:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass:

Seriously, I can't wait to see you do your thing, Roosta!

That would be cool! I don't know if their fans would dig our lower key type of music though. They play more notes in one song than we do in a whole show. Maybe I'm wrong...I hope I'm wrong! We'll see.

SRS

O.K. first how much helium does the singer use , he sounds well ...........funny..

second musicailly I am impressed to a point

3) song writing note :please learn the word DYNAMICS ....... again very talented but I would like to see them live , guitars and drumming are great , drummer was just bangin,

Side note: I had a mouse problem but cranked this up , left the house came back and they were all gone ... awesome.

I always hated them damn glue paper mousetraps. LOL

JED