Overhead mic stands...

standard stands w/ boom arms will work

you just have to raise the height up all the way, and streeeeeeetch the boom up good and high

also, try to get the type with the round base...then slide a 1 or 2 lb. dumbell down over it to hold it in place

I found some standard stands but I read that the max height is 1.4/1.6 meters (57.086/67 inches)...I think it's not too much for a good OH micing..not good to try different mic position.

The cheapest i know of are the On Stage Stands, professinal boom stands. They are pretty big, and you can find them for around $120 ea.

I am actually going to buy a pair today. I hate buying such utilitarian stuff when i could get something cool, like mics or plugins, but I need em'.

does the height they give include the outstretched boom?

i have a couple of cheap-ass musician's friend stands w/ the telescoping booms, and i can get mics 7+ ft. high with them

Pman, which model have you bought? I found only the Quik-Lok A-300 (20£ each) but the max height is 62".

Specifications:

* Height adjustment range: 37.75" to 62" - 95.9 to 157.5cm
* Boom length: 30" - 76.2cm
* Diameter of leg spread: 27.25' - 69.2cm
* Folded height: 38" - 96.5cm

Went to Sam Ash (I hate that place) last night because they had 2 studio booms for $80 a piece. One was the floor model and the other's box was tore up so the guy gave me $20 off each!!!

The stand itself goes up about 5', and the boom is 7' or 8' long, so you can get them up pretty high. They are On Stage Stands, so not the best quality, but will definitely get the job done.

Or send me a PM, I work for the company who own Turnkey and cut the best deals I can for all Sneap forum members.
duude :loco:
how much could i get 2 of them stands delivered? :lol:
this is my biggest pro audio purchase of the year you see :loco: and i'd like to save as much money as possible being a student and everything!:kickass: