OVERKILL COMING TO THE ATL!

As much as I love the Local Venue, I'm just not sure that could/would work. Because the hardcore Overkill crowd will require moshing. And the owner of the Local doesn't approve of moshing. So it would not be a good mix.

however... I had already planned to write Overkill to ask them what it would take for a stop in the metro area their next time out.

I'll let you know how that pans out. :heh:

As much as I love the Local Venue, I'm just not sure that could/would work. Because the hardcore Overkill crowd will require moshing. And the owner of the Local doesn't approve of moshing. So it would not be a good mix.

however... I had already planned to write Overkill to ask them what it would take for a stop in the metro area their next time out.

I'll let you know how that pans out. :heh:
Right on, Hoyt! Go get 'em, big fella!:headbang::kickass:

Luckily, there was only room for about that many people at the Point... It was still a very cool show.

heh, true 'dat.

Still, I miss the venue. Whenever I walk by that corner (it's some sort of clothes warehouse now), I think back to the shows there. It'd be kinda weird to pick out a pair of overpriced jeans on the same spot where the stage used to be. :)

heh, true 'dat.

Still, I miss the venue. Whenever I walk by that corner (it's some sort of clothes warehouse now), I think back to the shows there. It'd be kinda weird to pick out a pair of overpriced jeans on the same spot where the stage used to be. :)

Haha! I couldn't even tell you the last time I was in little 5, probably for one of those shows...

What would be the estimated expected turnout for an Overkill gig in the ATL these days?

They didn't exactly have a huge following down here back then... The largest crowd I ever saw them with was maybe 1/5 of capacity for the Masquerade. Let's put it this way... I never had any problem getting to rail and enjoying the show. I'm guessing if they came now, it's probably be even less than that. ATL is not a metal friendly town in my opinion.

Yeah, I'd figure maybe 200 tops...more with a decent slate of openers. (Sure, you could double that figure if you toured them with some B-level 'core act, but.....haven't we seen enough of that sort of bill?)

I know that the venue you usually work with doesn't allow moshing...if Overkill comes through maybe try out the Drunken Unicorn. They're pretty cheap to rent out and very easy to work with. Great little intimate venue.