Overkill - The Electric Age

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
So has anyone else listened to it? To be honest I wasn't expecting much after the aweful "Ironbound" but... They definitely proved me wrong. This is definitely one of the better thrash albums in the past couple years IMO.

It just sounds so fucking crisp...

Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like it. My favorite songs are Come and Get It, Black Daze, Wish you were Dead, All over but the Shouting and Drop the Hammer down. Why the hate for Ironbound? I thought it was an incredible album.

I really like it. My favorite songs are Come and Get It, Black Daze, Wish you were Dead, All over but the Shouting and Drop the Hammer down. Why the hate for Ironbound? I thought it was an incredible album.

I don't know man, I just wasn't feeling it with that album, there are a few songs that I enjoy, but overall it just didn't captivate me like "The Electric Age" did.

I got my copy coming, but previewed it on youtube and I'm loving it. I thought Ironbound was incredible and was wondering how they could top it...but they very well may have.

I haven't heard Ironbound, but I really enjoy The Electric Age. It sounds passionate and energized, unlike nearly every other newer album by an older thrash metal band.

^ Those tracks sound better than their recent stuff on previous albums. Dodens told about the new one a few days ago, I'm ordering a copy.

Not a huge fan of the band, don't really like it when they slow things down like during a big part of "Good Night". Anyways, it sounds a lot better than the average modern Thrash Metal album.

Does Overkill have an album that is considered bad? I have loved nearly everything that I have listened to by them. The only album I consider a bit weak is RelixIV.

Does Overkill have an album that is considered bad?

Everything after Horroscope up until Ironbound is pretty much crap ... and they released a shit load of albums during that period.

.. and none of their earlier stuff is all that great either IMO. I like Horrorscope and a couple tracks from Under the Influence(Shred & Overkill III), but thats about it.

I absolutely love their more Doomy tracks, and find their 90's material to be quite good all things considering.

Only problem I have with these last two albums is the modern production... Can't deny the quality of the music though.

Killer album!! High energy killer riffs! Bobby Blitz sounds exactly the same as he did the 80s & DD is the best bass player in metal behind Steve Harris & Geezer but the band has the energy that bands like Metallica Megadeth & even Slayer have lost sorry I hate the sound & guitar tone on WPB. Overkill is just a cool band cool album covers too