overkill/vio-lence

the_walking_dude

follow me or die!!!
Mar 5, 2003
Glasgow
awrite troops. Ive just heard a couple of songs by Overkill and Vio-lence.top quality metal. I was just wondering if u guys cud tell me some good songs or albums to get from them.bring bak old school!

Cheers

o yeah is it also true that Rob Flynn used to to play in vio-lence?

yes robb was in vio-lence. even though vio-lence is no more again due to phil going to join machine head, you can find out more about vio-lence at www.vio-lence.com they still plan on re releasing the ultimate hard to find cd called the eternal nightmare. this cd goes for alot at ebay.

people agree and disagree about which overkill cds are the best but you should get the new cd-killbox 13 as it is awesome!!

best overkill album arguably is the years of deacy
vio-lence- definitely eternal nightmare but oppressing the masses is not far behind.

as for the rerelease of eternal nightmare, they are just waiting for the label to get going. though the label is having problems at the moment...Exodus has decided to look elsewhere for the release of their new album...so it looks like it will take a little longer then expected for the dvd, rereleases to be issued.

Years of Decay is a good start.
However, I haven't been disapointed with any of their other albums.
I think they are another good metal band, that hasn't gotten their just rewards.

Overkill's sound really progressed over time. The quality of production went up. But I say start with the beginning with something like Feel The Fire, then you must check out Horrorscope and Years of Decay. Also, Taking Over and W.F.O. are awesome. The more recent albums have not suited my tastes quite as well, but I like all of them. The latest, Killbox 13 is pretty awesome. Enjoy. Overkill is awesome!!

Oh, and don't forget their anthem: Fuck You. That's on "Fuck you" or the easier to find "Fuck You...and then some."

By the way, Gasolinedream is on W.F.O.

the_walking_dude said:
awrite troops. Ive just heard a couple of songs by Overkill and Vio-lence.top quality metal. I was just wondering if u guys cud tell me some good songs or albums to get from them.bring bak old school!

Cheers

o yeah is it also true that Rob Flynn used to to play in vio-lence?

sound like your from the west of scotland

GASOLINEDREAM said:
Overkill's sound really progressed over time. The quality of production went up. But I say start with the beginning with something like Feel The Fire, then you must check out Horrorscope and Years of Decay. Also, Taking Over and W.F.O. are awesome. The more recent albums have not suited my tastes quite as well, but I like all of them. The latest, Killbox 13 is pretty awesome. Enjoy. Overkill is awesome!!

Oh, and don't forget their anthem: Fuck You. That's on "Fuck you" or the easier to find "Fuck You...and then some."

By the way, Gasolinedream is on W.F.O.

And they recorded their live album (Wrecking Your Neck) in Cleveland! Same with the live tracks on Fuck You.

For Overkill, get either Horrorscope, Taking Over, The Years Of Decay or the new one, Killbox 13...it's all good.

For Vio-Lence, Eternal Nightmare! Great album! It's worth the price for admission for "Kill On Command" ALONE! But good luck finding it, it's damn hard to find, though i hear they're re-releasing it before year's end.