August 27 - Houston, TX @ Cynthia J. Woods Pavilion
August 28 - San Antonio, TX @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
August 31 - Nashville, TN @ Starwood Amphitheatre
September 2 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon
September 4 - West Palm Beach @ Sound Advice

There are two reasons I try not to go to Ozzfest:

1. Tickets are priced at the rape-you-up-the-ass-level
2. It's a Clear Channel event

But this year, I figure I might as well go because it turns out I'm not making my bi-yearly summer trip to India.... :(

Also the Seattle date is the day before my birthday, so I think I must go.

Lotta friends like a few different bands on there, so it might be fun....

Oh, I see you beat me by one minute....I'll just delete my topic and repost the important stuff here:

www.ozzfest.com said:
IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson said, "This summer's MAIDEN touring is based on the recent 'Early Days' DVD and all the songs we do at Ozzfest will be from our first four albums — 'Iron Maiden', 'Killers', 'Number of the Beast' and 'Piece of Mind'. We will be bringing over our full European show, naturally including as special guest Eddie in various appropriate guises!! The stage sets, production and backdrops will recreate aspects of the shows on the tours around those albums — only bigger… much bigger!!! We don’t know if anyone has done anything like this before but we think it’s something the fans will really appreciate both in the choice of songs and in the production values."

Master_Debater said:
Anthrax and Mudvayne are also strongly rumored.

I'm guessing that Anthrax fell through, because it looks like....(from the bands page) that Killswitch Engage was supposed to be on the second stage, and now they're bumped up to the first stage.

I hope Anthrax is still added. I am happy Arch Enemy and Black Dahlia Murder are on there. Can't wait to see Maiden for the fourth time. I am hoping for bands like Children of Bodom, Nevermore, Nightwish, and Edguy but who knows.

Funeral Portrait said:
Chill out Jean, you worry too much about stuff you don't like :(

It's rage I'm letting out now so I don't have to bestow it in real life on people that come up to me asking, "ARE YOU GOING TO OZZFEST, LOLZ?!" ;)

Jean-Pierre said:
It's rage I'm letting out now so I don't have to bestow it in real life on people that come up to me asking, "ARE YOU GOING TO OZZFEST, LOLZ?!" ;)

Well are yooouuu!? :Spin:

I agree. I enjoy Ozzfest just cause it's fun to be in an environment with a bunch of people who like heavy music. Sure some of them will be rather retarded, but I can always pick out a good handful of my fellow death metal heads to chat with. Also, it's pretty much the only day of the year I'll put up with baking in the sun all day...which will provide me with a tan that will last me until the next Ozzfest :D

Jean-Pierre said:
Other than the two headliners (and maybe Mastodon), EVERY BAND on the bill is gay. EVERY one. Fucking poser metal....
Quoted for accuracy.
Though I do get off to The Haunted.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Doesn't matter who you are, that roster is a fucking IMPROVEMENT.
Gee it's great, I sure wish I was going to Ozzfest instead of this lousy European Wacken festival with KREATOR, OVERKILL, CANDLEMASS, ACCEPT, METAL CHURCH, COUNT RAVEN, DISSECTION, OBITUARY, SUFFOCATION, NAGLFAR and BLOODBATH

Erik said:
Gee it's great, I sure wish I was going to Ozzfest instead of this lousy European Wacken festival with KREATOR, OVERKILL, CANDLEMASS, ACCEPT, METAL CHURCH, COUNT RAVEN, DISSECTION, OBITUARY, SUFFOCATION, NAGLFAR and BLOODBATH

ya FUCK true metal.

ummm
crap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.