Ozzfest 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
drumslut said:
It was interesting to read that quite a lot of people unfamiliar with an Iron Maiden show viewed the use of the British flag during The Trooper by Bruce as being anti-American or as showing the band's reaction to the United States' foreign policy. What these people don't realize (and what most people in this Forum know) is that the flag/The Trooper have been part of the Iron Maiden show ever since Piece of Mind . . .read the lyrics . . .

Also, "The Trooper" is about the Crimean War which, as far as I know, the US had nothing to do with...this is probably the reason why they don't bring out Old Glory when they're here.

The girls and I had a lot of fun at the show and Maiden did great in spite of problems with their sound and other things. I also enjoyed seeing Black Sabbath who also put on a good show. No point dwelling on any negativity. Hopefully, whatever drama there was will end up being only a misunderstanding that will soon be resolved. If it weren't for Ozzfest, we might not have been able to see a Maiden classic set here so for that, I'm grateful.:)

I was on the wall of the lawn: so couldn't see Steve too well, but could sense his ignobility as "Ozzy" was blasted through the PA after the show.
Bruce was injured last time he was here by liquid on the stage, so this is truly terrorism.

When she came on stage and attacked Bruce that was the most Orwelian thing I have ever seen Big Mother.

To humiliate and trash a band of that proffesional magnitude is to stoop to the level of Bin Laden and Zakowi.

The best thing we can do is be more and more new age and loving towards Maiden.

The other tragidy here is that wer'e supposed to think Sabbath are scum because of her. I was humiliated to stay but I had never seen Bill play before.

Well said Steph! I hope it's water under the bridge and they can move on.

What exactly happened - in detail? Is there an article anywhere about it?

--David

mtv had a good article about it... it sounds to be far from a misunderstanding... I honestly had respect for Sharon and her family, even after the sorry Osbournes' affair... But even if it was a simple misunderstanding, anyone with a cool-head should have taken the high road. If Sharon was upset at Bruce's comments, she should have brought it to Rod, and I'm sure Rod would have told Bruce to tone it down... Apparently this didn't happen... Thankfully, the Maiden boys, ever the classy bunch, posted a great message which did not point fingers or call people names...

Here's the MTV article:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1508028/20050822/iron_maiden.jhtml?headlines=true

Status
Not open for further replies.