Ozzfest 2007

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Wow, completely amazing lineup thus far...

OZZY
LAMB OF GOD
LORDI
HATEBREED
NILE
Other bands that make you go "who?"

I will still believe it when I see it that tickets are truly free.

Though I will unapologetically admit that I am a Lamb of God fan, I wouldn't attend this fest even if Novembers Doom was headlining just on sheer principal.

Well hey, LORDI is playing the mainstage, which means THE END RECORDS will be involved somehow from a marketing perspective. So, never say never!!!!

NOTE TO VITO - It's hot in the summer so ya may want to invest in printing up some NOV DOOM wife-beaters.....

Though I will unapologetically admit that I am a Lamb of God fan, I wouldn't attend this fest even if Novembers Doom was headlining just on sheer principal.

No need to apologize...Lamb of God is a great band...or at least they used to be before their albums started sounding the same. ;) But they're definitely a band that sounds better on CD than live...too noisy & indistinguishable live.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Nile live...but other than that...

I'm curious to see who headlines too. If LoG is anyone near the headlining spot on the main stage, it'll be obvious what the fest's budget has become...and why it's free now. ;)

No need to apologize...Lamb of God is a great band...or at least they used to be before their albums started sounding the same. ;) But they're definitely a band that sounds better on CD than live...too noisy & indistinguishable live.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Nile live...but other than that...

I'm curious to see who headlines too. If LoG is anyone near the headlining spot on the main stage, it'll be obvious what the fest's budget has become...and why it's free now. ;)

Man I had to sit through Lamb of God last year twice during the two Gigantour shows I went to.... two of the worst live sets I've ever seen, these guys so want to be Pantera it's not even funny.

I am surprised to see a lot of non LOG fans. I am not really one myself, but also don't hate them...I just never really got into their music. Never seen them live...but by the way it's being discussed here I'm sure I wouldn't be very happy.

They are very Pantera-esque. There's no denying that and that is also what initially drew me to them. I will also agree that they are better on disc than live. They actually sound better with earplugs.

I spin their older tunes when I'm pissed off and just wanna shake my fists in the air and bang on the steering wheel. :loco:

:lol: :lol: I knew you'd bring that up eventually. :p

I had never even heard a lick of Lamb of God's music until this past summer when I saw them live, so back then when you made your drunken ramblings about them, all I could do was the "Ummmm....ok Rob!" response.. :lol:

(BTW - Where is my Twelfth Gate demo CD dammit!!!!)