OZZY And SHARON OSBOURNE Among England's Wealthiest Musicians

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to The Pulse Of Radio, Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne rank No. 17 on the annual Sunday Times Rich List, which will be published this Sunday (May 13) and will highlight the 36 wealthiest musicians in England. The full annual Rich List calculates the wealth of the 1,000 richest people in Britain based on "identifiable wealth," including land, property, assets such as art and racehorses, and significant shares in public companies. It does not, however, include money in private bank accounts. The Osbournes are worth approximately $196 million in American dollars, more than members of fellow classic rock acts like LED ZEPPELIN and QUEEN, while also higher than contemporary pop artists like Adele and Ed Sheeran. Meanwhile, THE BEATLES, THE ROLLING STONES, U2, Elton John and others all ranked higher than the BLACK SABBATH singer and his wife/manager. Ozzy's family was poor when he was young and he told The Pulse Of Radio a while back that he used to think having no money was the cause of all his family's problems. "I grew up in a poor part of Birmingham, in a place called Aston, and I used to sit there thinking, 'Wouldn't it great if this happened...' and 'Wouldn't it be great if my dad won the lottery...' I thought all the family hardship was caused over lack of money, you know. And that's not the case," he said. Other notable inclusions on the Rich List include all four members of COLDPLAY. Singer Chris Martin ranked No. 29 with $127 million, while the other three members of the group are all tied at No. 31 with just under $111 million apiece. Other musicians that made the list include THE WHO's Pete Townshend, PINK FLOYD members Nick Mason, David Gilmour and Roger Waters, Phil Collins, Eric Clapton and more.

Continue reading...