OZZY OSBOURNE: I Haven't Released What I Consider My 'Sgt Pepper'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
To coincide with the November 29 release of his new "See You On The Other Side" box set on Sony Legacy, Ozzy Osbourne taped a special edition of his "Ozzy Speaks" show for his Ozzy's Boneyard channel on SiriusXM. Watch below as Ozzy talks with good friend/guitarist Billy Morrison and SiriusXM host Jose Mangin about the fact that he has released 173 songs and 16 albums over the course of his four-decade solo career. "I've said I haven't released what I consider my 'Sgt. Pepper'," Ozzy said, referring to THE BEATLES' 1967 album "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", hailed by critics and listeners as the greatest in the history of rock music. "When people [ask] which is my favorite album, I go, 'I haven't made it yet.'" The "See You On The Other Side" box set is the definitive vinyl collection of all of Ozzy's original solo material. The package includes 16 albums of 24 pieces of vinyl (173 songs total), a seven-inch flexi disc, 10 posters, 12 AR (Augmented Reality) experiences, and an individually numbered vellum certificate of authenticity, personally autographed by Ozzy Osbourne. The box set will be followed by the release of Ozzy's new album, "Ordinary Man", due out on Epic Records in early 2020; it marks Osbourne's first new solo music in almost 10 years. The album has been previewed by two singles, "Under The Graveyard", a massive ballad that builds into a searing rocker, which garnered more than 2.8 million global streams in its first week, and the full-on rocker "Straight To Hell", where Ozzy takes listeners to the heart of darkness, with GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash along for this devilish ride, delivering scorched-earth riffs.
ozzyosbourneseeyouvinylboxset.jpg

Continue reading...