OZZY OSBOURNE Must Protect Bats Before Converting Barn Into Home, Council Says

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
According to BBC News, Ozzy Osbourne's planning permission to convert a barn on his British family home in Buckinghamshire into housing has been turned down because of the impact it could have on the bats which live there.Osbourne, who once claimed he bit the head off a live bat, had applied to the Chiltern District Council to convert a barn at his estate at Stone Dean Farm in Jordans into a two-bedroom home.The council officially rejected the application on Friday after "considerable evidence" of bats and owls was found there. It said measures had to be put in place to protect the animals.Bats are a protected species under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 and The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010 and a council planning officer ruled the creatures could be affected by the development. Osbourne in 2008 gave a definitive account of the whole bat-biting incident, which took place on stage in 1982, to Classic Rock magazine. "It must have been stunned by the lights or something because it just froze and I thought it was a toy," he said. "I just put it in my mouth. Then its wings started flapping and I got such a shock. I tried to pull it out too quickly and its head came off."The verdict? "It tasted all crunchy and warm . . . like a Ronald McDonald's."Ozzy Osbourne's bat-biting incident was the focus of an episode of "Myths and Legends", a TV Land original television series in which celebrity and expert panelists discuss popular myths surrounding American television, music, and motion pictures, promise answers to these and other great and not-so-great Hollywood stories.

More...