OZZY OSBOURNE Pays Off $1.7 Million Tax Debts

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Ozzy Osbourne and his wife/manager Sharon have paid off their $1.7 million U.S. tax debts.

It was reported last week that the IRS placed a lien on the house belonging to Sharon and Ozzy — who reportedly owed $718,948 from 2008 and $1.024 million from 2009.

"At 4 p.m. on Friday afternoon I received a phone call from my publicist who had a reporter on the other line informing her that the IRS had just put a lien on one of our properties," Osbourne said in a statement released to gossip writer Perez Hilton. "I then contacted my accountant who said they knew nothing about any lien. The lien has been paid. I do intend to find out how this lien happened without the knowledge of myself or my accountants. I hope none of this reflects negatively on mine and Ozzy's moral character."

Sharon had a tax lien issue in 2009 when she owed $23,000 to the State of California for the 2007 tax year.

Ozzy and Sharon recently listed their Malibu beach house on the market for $10 million.

The 4,500-square-foot, three-story oceanfront residence has five bedrooms and five bathrooms, along with a library, office, hot tub, walk-in closets and a backyard with a view of the Pacific Ocean.

The couple bought the house in March of 2003 for $5.1 million and first placed it on the market in 2006 for $14 million, with the place going on and off sale several times since then.

It's also available for rent starting at $40,000 per month.

More...