OZZY OSBOURNE Talks Final BLACK SABBATH Show, Highlights Of The Road (Audio)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Ozzy Osbourne recently spoke to SiriusXM about playing the final BLACK SABBATH show in his hometown of Birmingham, England and highlights of his touring career. You can listen to audio clips below. Last month, Ozzy revealed the itinerary for the first North American leg of his solo farewell trek, dubbed "No More Tours 2". The name is a reference to his 1992 "No More Tours" jaunt, which was meant at the time to be his goodbye to the road. The initial North American dates kick off on August 30 in Allentown, Pennsylvania and conclude October 13 in Las Vegas. Ozzy will be joined by STONE SOUR for this leg of the tour. Ozzy also has farewell dates scheduled in Mexico, South America, Russia and Europe. The heavy metal legend said in a statement: "I've been extremely blessed to have had two successful music careers. I'm looking at this final tour as being a huge celebration for my fans and anyone who has enjoyed my music over the past five decades." Ozzy insisted in an interview with Rolling Stone that he is not retiring from music at the end of "No More Tours 2", but is instead saying goodbye to long global treks in favor of select shows. He explained: "I'm not retiring. It's 'No More Tours', so I'm just not doing world tours anymore. I'm still going to be doing gigs, but I'm not going on tour for six months at a time anymore. I'd like to spend some time at home." The BLACK SABBATH singer said he simply wants to spend more time at home with his ever-expanding family, admitting: "I just need to slow it down a little. I enjoy being a grandfather. I don't want to go through another generation of Osbournes without seeing them grow up." Ozzy said last month at a press conference that he has "eight or nine" song ideas for a new album, which he may work on once the tour is completed. He and his wife/manager Sharon Osbourne also indicated that Ozzfest will continue as an annual destination festival even if Ozzy himself doesn't play, and that the singer could entertain the idea of doing a residency somewhere.

Continue reading...