Ozzy, Priest & Motörhead tour

This is a really smart move if it hits the states. Will be as far away as possible from this tour though.

As far away as you'll be, I'll be one step further than you.

I don't have a strong opinion about Motorhead. I don't own their stuff but if someone puts it on I don't run away screaming. I guess I could say it's good enough to hear but not good enough to pay for.

Ozzy...Sharon Osbourne aside, I don't hate his stuff, Sabbath rules and a few of his discs are good, but really at this point in life...who really gives a fuck? Hasn't pretty much everyone seen & heard him live in their lives by now? It's the same clown-ish act everytime, different names, different faces, same songs. No gracias.

Priest...the only reason I would consider going, but I saw some footage from two years ago live and the once mighty vocal Metal God Halford has been thrown off his throne and tossed down the stairs by the mammoth ass-kicker named Father Time.:( Halford did 'Painkiller' live and he went from sounding like...well, Rob Halford to sounding like fucking Chris Barnes.:err: Horrible. It really was sad. I wish they would give it up. I'd rather remember them and listen to them when they were awesome then see a shadow of what they once were.

Saw Priest in October for the first time ever. Sure Halford isnt what he used to be and the new album isnt as good as people were expecting it to be. But really? These guys are 60 years old, you have to keep that in perspective. Were you really expecting him to sound like he did when he was 25? Were you expecting the new album to sound like Painkiller part 2? If you were, then youre a fool. They owned that stage and put on a great show. They may be old and not what they used to be, but theyre having fun doing it and still rocking it hard.

No doubt priest put On a good show still.
Tho I have seen em enough where it would take another band I wanted to see to ever see em again
(Reason why I had little interest in the recent tour)

Tho with Motörhead and Ozzy it would be a no brainer.

Haven't seen Motörhead since the Metal Masters with a young Lee the Bee by my side.

I have no doubt that Priest still put on a great show. They are Priest after all. My prob is that I'm not going to pay (a lot of $) to see a band who's singer was at the top of the hill in his genre who has now understandingly but sadly gone downhill. Again, Priest are legends and I'm not going to ever deny that. I'm just not going to go when (for me) it's just not the same. There are plenty of other people who obviously have never seen them before who will take anything they can get, they haven't seen Halford sing 15-20 years ago like I have.

Also, that's the timeframe that this tour SHOULD have happened. Then I would've been interested.

Also I seem to remember a few months ago when JP started their tour (Montreal I think) and they were booked in an arena that held like 15-16,000 and they ended up only selling around 5,000 for the whole show. Granted part of that lies in some stupid venue booking & promotion (or lack of) for the show, but still I think that maybe there are more than a few people having the same thoughts as I am.

Now I'm going to listen to 'Sad Wings Of Destiny' and let my mind be blown by some Godly vocals.:worship:

Have to disagree with the Halford thing. He still sounds fantastic live. The smart thing they did on this tour was by not playing Painkiller which has been his downfall in the last few years.