ozzy tribute band Show Feb8th, 9th at BARKLEYS in MOUNT PEARL

What night is everyone going anyway? I am leaning towards Saturday....I'm looking forward to checking this out for sure!!!! I hope they play good shit.....

Me and the guys checked them out last night. We only caught 1 set though. They played:

1. I Don't Know
2. Shot in the Dark
3. Believer
4. A new Ozzy song, I don't know the name
5. No more Tears
6. Mr. Crowley
7. Flying High Again
8. Crazy Train

That's all I can remember. The guitarist is pretty good. He hits a lot of solo's note for note. Bass player is good. I wasn't fond of the signing, but it was ok. There were older people in front of the stage dancing like my old man dances through Flying High and Crazy Train. :lol:

Good show, by a good band. They were good in my opinion for a cover band. The guitarist Slayed. The Drummer was ok. The Singer was not bad but no Ozzy or Steve Hennesy of Sheavy, the bassist was good too. It wasn't exact, but it was more close to the Ozzy tribute albums then the original versions. Even the order in which they were played? Weird or Fact? All in all, a Good band. Great to see some Metal in Nfld. I don't know why they said Rock n' roll that pissed all of us off. It's Heavy metal boys......................Not Rock n' roll......

The Mr. Crowley bands was pretty good and I enjoyed watching them. Here's my review....

The Good:
Lead guitar playing was excellent!!! Solos were all awesome except the solo in "Bark at the Moon" wasn't up to par. But hey, this guy can fucking rip. His playing is what saved the band. The drumming and bass playing were good as well...even though the drum solo was a bit on the boring side :)

The Bad:
The vocals. This guy wasn't terrible...but as anyone knows, Ozzy himself is no technical wizard on the vocals....so you'd think this guy would at least be able to hold ozzy's notes....he didn't. He sounded out of breath all the time. Also dividing the audience in 1/2 to see who's louder was silly. This was a club, not ozzfest. Only 10 people probably took that seriously...and I'd guess they were pretty loaded. hehe..

The Ugly:
If you are calling yourself a tribute band you have to learn how to PAY TRIBUTE. These guys were a COVER band...there is a difference! If they want to pay tibute they need to dress up and look and act the part as best they can. These guys didn't even try. The singer needs to immitate Ozzy, he needs to say the things between songs that Ozzy says. I witnessed none of that, and that was really too bad.

Also...what was with the 3 "jump up and down" clowns at the front? This was a 80's metal tribute band not a fucking Limp Dickshit gig!!

Breaks between sets...playing for 45 mins then taking a 30 min break is fucking retarded. After 2 sets it was 1:20am. I didn't want to wait for another break so I didn't see the final set.

Before and then between sets the club DJ played dance music....until a certain someone yelled out "turn that shit off!!!" Someone also went to the poor guy and told him "you can't play dance music for a metal/hard rock audience." DUH!!

OZZY IS NOT ROCK AND ROLL!! OZZY is not the Rolling Stones, he is not the fucking Black Crowes...they are rock...OZZY IS METAL! OZZY is called the godfather of heavy metal!!! ARRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! hhhhahah

LASTLY...For the first 2 sets I saw, there was not one song from the awesome Ozzy album NO REST FOR THE WICKED. They played like 2-3 songs form the new Ozzy album though?!?! Weird. They only played ONE song from the killer ozzy album BARK AT THE MOON and ONE song from THE ULTIMATE SIN. They played three Sabbath song and a lot from BLIZZARD OF OZ.....they need to mix it up better then that.