Ozzy's Shopping

I thought Ozzy was retiring this year? That would be awesome though if Chris got the job, I was always thinking that Ozzy sounded best in the Randy Rhoads era where the progressions were more classically-influenced and such. I have a feeling that it doesn't really matter how good of a guitar player you are in Ozzy's band, it's more of an image and namesake. Still...it doesn't hurt to send in a recording. ;)

Ozzy and Sharon want a no-name guy who is very naive from a business standpoint, so he can write the entire album, sign all of his royalties over to Ozzy and $haron, and then have them go re-record all of his parts when he finally tries to collect his fair share.

I'd still do it because it's probably more than I'm making right now as a poor college student.

Lopes said:
Ozzy and Sharon want a no-name guy who is very naive from a business standpoint, so he can write the entire album, sign all of his royalties over to Ozzy and $haron, and then have them go re-record all of his parts when he finally tries to collect his fair share.

I'd still do it because it's probably more than I'm making right now as a poor college student.

You are most likely right, that's the music biz, but I and many other musicians have nothing to lose by trying. :)

Drewski

I'm not going to try for the following reasons:

I don't know many Ozzy songs, to be honest.
I'm more into bands like King Diamond, now if HE were shopping for a guitarist to pair up with Andy or Hank I'd send in my input in a heartbeat, since I know damn near every song note for note he's ever done!
Ozzy these days is a sad disclaimer to metal and the lifestyle...bedridden and all his finances run by his wife, who is "PIMPIN'" his stuff...I mean we've ALL heard that blasphemous rap version of Crazy Train...I almost cried when I heard that...

I bet there is tons of job stability being Ozzy's guitar player given his current state!!!

sarcasm off.