Pagan's Mind - Sign with SPV / Steamhammer records (Album art revealed)

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
paganheavenly.jpg

Norwegian melodic power metallers PAGAN'S MIND have inked a deal with SPV/Steamhammer for the release of their sixth album, "Heavenly Ecstasy". Due on May 20 in Germany, May 23 in the rest of Europe and in June in USA/Canada, the follow-up to 2007's "God's Equation" was mixed last fall by Stefan Glaumann at Toytown Studios (RAMMSTEIN, MADONNA, WITHIN TEMPTATION) in Stockholm, Sweden.

A brand new song from "Heavenly Ecstasy" entitled "Intermission" can be streamed in the YouTube clip below.

Commented PAGAN'S MIND guitarist and producer Jørn Viggo Lofstad: "After considering offers from various labels, we decided to be a part of the new SPV family. Signing with such a respected label gave us the spark to come up with what we think is the most cohesive album we have done, and probably our best offering so far. We can't wait to get back in action and present these songs to you all."

SPV/Steamhammer A&R representative Olly Hahn added:" I'm very happy that PAGAN'S MIND decided to join the SPV family. The band always delivered some of the best and most exciting metal music and with the new album they even put up a dash more!"

In a recent interview with LetsRock.ro, PAGAN'S MIND singer Nils K. Rue stated about the band's forthcoming CD, "I'm really really excited. I have great belief in it, I think the material is extremely strong and that it represent sort of a 'comeback' (since it been over three years since 'God's Equation'). I am sure both fans of PAGAN'S MIND and people who haven't heard us before will appreciate it a lot."

Regarding the musical direction of the new album, Nils said, "There is no doubt it sounds like PAGAN'S MIND, as I believe we have a very distinct sound. It's heavy, melodic and at times intricate — but on the other hand we have shaken off some of the most extreme progressive elements, setting songwriting and melody in total focus. It's atmospheric, very catchy, very heavy, very good."

On the topic of the new CD's lyrical themes, Nils said, "We're inspired by mysticism and 'the unknown,' as always, but this time the lyrics also deal with stuff everyone can relate to. Our lyrics is often metaphorical, which allows the listener to make up their own opinion on the words and meaning — and make it their own personal 'story.' By making the music a little bit more 'straight in your face,' this time so is the lyrics. Nevertheless, the 'sworn PAGAN'S MIND fan' won't be disappointed — there are enough mystic stuff here to blow your mind. To give an example, on a lyric that deals with 'reality,' there are several, but some of the songs has a positive message that tells to believe in yourself and is upbuilding in terms of self-esteem and the power of will, and yourself."

PAGAN'S MIND's latest album, "God's Equation", in 2007 entered the Norwegian domestic chart (featuring only Norwegian artists) at position No. 14. It also landed on the international chart (featuring all artists) at No. 35. The CD, which was released in the U.S. in January 2008, was recorded by Espen Mjøen at his Mediamaker Studio in Skien, Norway, and mixed at Toy Town Studios in Stockholm by Stefan Glaumann (RAMMSTEIN).

Upcoming PAGAN'S MIND shows:

May 20 - London, Camden Underworld, UK
May 21 - Manchester, Satan's Hollow, UK
May 22 - Wakefield, The Snooty Fox, UK
May 23 - Grimsby, Yarbirds, UK
May 24 - Nottingham, Bensons, UK
May 25 - Birmingham, The Roadhouse, UK
May 26 - Zaandam, De Kade, NL
May 27 - Uden, De Pul, NL
May 28 - Dokkum, Dokk'em Open Air, NL
May 29 - As, GC Drieschaar, BE
July 7-10 - Kvinesdal, Norway Rock Festival, NO