PAGAN'S MIND Singer Comments On 'The Voice' Appearance

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Singer Nils K. Rue of Norwegian power metallers PAGAN'S MIND kicked off the 2013 season of the Norwegian version of the hit singing competition "The Voice" on August 30 on the TV2 channel. Rue performed the classic IRON MAIDEN song "Run To The Hills" as part of his "blind audition" for an estimated audience of around 800,000. Said Nils in an online posting; "First of all, thank you so very much for all your nice comments — it warms my heart and soul. In just a few weeks or so the video has reached 35,000 views which is more than almost any video of [PAGAN'S MIND] on YouTube. Commercial media has that power and approximately 750,000 Norwegians saw this on air on Friday night, which is a record back here. "It's all in the love of music that I did this. To push the band name more, to get contacts and to get more recognition for my singing here in Norway. "I wish I could say it differently, but even if PAGAN'S MIND has lots of fans outside of Norway, none of us are able to live off the music. It's a hard competition and my dream is still to live off my singing, so I thought what the heck — let's give it a try. Actually, it was my fiancée, Renée, that applied for me without me knowing about it, and when one of the producers called me, I said 'yes.' For me, it's just been a fun thing and nothing too serious — but it has already given me and the band national recognition, and as a plus, giving the youngsters some old-school metal in the jungle of pop music, thought it would be a good thing." PAGAN'S MIND's sixth album, "Heavenly Ecstasy", entered the official chart in the group's home country at position No. 10 (international artists) and No. 2 (Norwegian artists). "Heavenly Ecstasy" was released in May 2011 via SPV/Steamhammer. The follow-up to 2007's "God's Equation" was mixed by Stefan Glaumann at Toytown Studios (RAMMSTEIN, MADONNA, WITHIN TEMPTATION) in Stockholm, Sweden. The effort was made available in four configurations: a limited-edition digipak with two bonus tracks, 28-page booklet and poster; a double gatefold LP with two bonus tracks on orange-colored vinyl; as a standard jewel case; and as a digital download.

More...