PAIN OF SALVATION Singer To Guest On SPASTIC INK Album

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
PAIN OF SALVATION vocalist/guitarist Daniel Gildenlöw will be contributing lead vocals to one track on the long-awaited SPASTIC INK sophomore release, "Ink Compatible", tentatively due before the end of the year. "[Daniel] is easily one of the most dramatic singers out there," said SPASTIC INK mastermind Ron Jarzombek (WATCHTOWER) of his decision to collaborate with the Swede.

The lineup of musicians set to appear on "Ink Compatible" is as follows:

Jason McMaster (WATCHTOWER) - vocals
Daniel Gildenlöw (PAIN OF SALVATION) - vocals
Ron Jarzombek - guitars
Pete Perez (RIOT) – bass
Michael Manring – bass
Doug Keyser (WATCHTOWER) – bass
Ray Riendeau (ex-HALFORD) - bass
Bobby Jarzombek (HALFORD, RIOT) – drums
David Penna – drums
Jeff Eber (DYSRHYTHMIA) - drums
Jens Johansson (STRATOVARIUS, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) – keyboards
Jimmy Pitts (SCHOLOMANCE) – keyboards
David Bagsby – keyboards

The full track listing for "Ink Compatible" is as follows:

01. Just A Little Bit (4:45)
02. AquaNet (8:10)
03. Words For Nerds (5:20)
04. Melissa's Friend (6:55)
05. Multi-Masking (8:15)
06. Read Me (5:00)
07. In Memory Of... (6:30)
08. A Chaotic Realization Of Nothing Yet Misunderstood (11:55)
09. The Cereal Mouse (1:30)

Interesting, Ron always had a taste for vocal styles that I always disliked but I got over watchtower so maybe there is hope for this one aswell..

Pure Absurd said:
Why in the hell do you guys want vocals in SI??? I would be much more happy to hear it purely instrumental.

I don't, I want it instrumental aswell, especially since he seems to choose the prog vocal style which I have a hard time with.

Nowadays I enjoy McMasters vocals on Energetic but I wonder what he sounds like today? The album sounds pretty raw but I pray that he hasn't developed into a truly clean vocalist, there is nothing worse in my view than clean singing high pitched male vocalists. But its still Spastic Ink, he could james Labrie on vocals and I would still listen to it so I have no worries. To bad he dislikes growling, it would be interesting to hear a ink tune with death metal vocals...