Painkiller

The Grimace

New Metal Member
Oct 21, 2004
North of the Valley, South of the Hills
No, not Priest.

Painkiler is John Zorn's demented saxophone murdering, Mick Harris of Napalm Death on grindbeats and screaming, Bill Laswell playing this weird, semi-structured, totally brilliant wall of bass sound. You've never heard anything like this before, unless you've heard it before, in which case you can disregard everything you just read, and go listen to your Priest records or whatever.

Just wanted to tell y'all.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
So wait wouldn't that generally just be Naked City reincarnated?

It's much more horrible and unpleasant. Well, not much more, but it's a 3-piece so there's a lot more noise-for-noise's-sake stuff. Actually I guess Painkiller was right after Naked City, which ended officially (unofficially) in '93 I think.

He! Is! The Pain-killla!

This! Is! The Painkillla!

Wings! Of! Steel! Painkillla!

Dead! -ly! Wheels! Painkillla!

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Painkiller was basically a heavy grind band with no guitar or vocals (just bass, sax and drums). I saw them live about ten years ago and it was supernatural.

Naked City was an all-star band that played all kinds of music, often within the same song. Their Torture Garden record which features Yamataka Eye from the Boredoms on vocals is about as wild as they got and I highly recommended it to adventurous thrash fans.

The Grimace said:
It's much more horrible and unpleasant. Well, not much more, but it's a 3-piece so there's a lot more noise-for-noise's-sake stuff. Actually I guess Painkiller was right after Naked City, which ended officially (unofficially) in '93 I think.

Kickass.