Painting Gretch drum set....

Zak with OMG

Bringer of screams
Oct 11, 2009
Connersville, Indiana
So in the near near future I may be painting my set. As of right now...Its red....and boring. This is the only picture I have of it....sorry.

1225080029_0001.jpg

Well anyways. I'll be honest....my painting experience is limited....but I am confident in it. The only thing I really have to show for it is my Xbox.

cid__0302000218.jpg

And DIY rack for my FP10 and GigRac mixer.... I made this out of a coffee table. :kickass:
I later painted purple, but I don't have a picture of that.

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment-1.jpg

I'm going to go ahead and post a few links here that basically show the instructions I'll be using for said drum painting.....

Video Part 1:

Video Part2:

This basically cover's less than the vids, although it introduces a metal flake lachuer that I might use:
http://jpyh.net/photo/refinish/

So what do you think? Do it? Don't?

Your opinion matters!!!!
:headbang:
Zak

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume the same sorta thing goes when painting a burst on drums as when painting a burst on a guitar? If I were to ever do this, it'd be Pink/Black burst all the way.

But yeah, post your results man, I'd be very interested in seeing how this pans out!

Don't worry....I will. Does anybody have any color idea's they might like? I've been second guessing on the colors. I'm going to test this today on a junk floor tom my friend has. I'll use the colors you guy's suggest. But I will be using the pattern I talked about before.