PALMS: 'Future Warrior' Video To Premiere Next Week

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
"Future Warrior", the new Jon Mancinetti-directed video from PALMS, the musical collaboration between DEFTONES vocalist Chino Moreno and former members of ISIS (Aaron Harris, Clifford Meyer and Jeff Caxide), will make its online debut on Thursday, September 26. "Future Warrior" comes off PALMS' self-titled debut album, which was released on June 25 via Mike Patton's (FAITH NO MORE) Ipecac label. The track listing for the 47-minute effort is as follows: 01. Future Warrior02. Patagonia03. Mission Sunset04. Shortwave Radio05. Tropics06. Antarctic Handshake PALMS came together following the demise of ISIS, with Jeff Caxide (bass), Aaron Harris (drums) and Clifford Meyer (keyboards/guitar) electing to continue playing music together. "After a little time, Jeff, Cliff, and I decided that it was insane that we all still lived here in Los Angeles and weren't playing together," Harris said. "It just sort of happened naturally, probably because we have been playing together for so long, and things started to come together. But we didn't want to be instrumental: We wanted vocals. We just weren't exactly sure who that would be at first." The band, knowing that Chino had been a fan of ISIS, thought he would be a great fit and he agreed. "A chance to work with the guys from ISIS sounded like a lot of fun," Moreno said, "I've always been into the atmospheric sounds they had created with that project and felt my sense of melody would meld well with theirs."
palmsdebutcd_600.jpg

More...