PARADISE LOST Guitarist's VALLENFYRE: New Album Title Revealed

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
VALLENFYRE, the new U.K. death metal band featuring Gregor Mackintosh, songwriter and guitarist of PARADISE LOST, alongside members of MY DYING BRIDE, AT THE GATES and DOOM, has entered GodCity Studio in Salem, Massachusetts with producer Kurt Ballou (CONVERGE, BLACK BREATH, NAILS) to begin recording its sophomore album, "Splinters", due in April via Century Media Records. Says Mackintosh (vocals and lead guitar): "We are really digging Kurt's honest, old-fashioned approach to recording. No triggers or samples. Just a good drum kit, good mics and a good drummer." In 2011, Mackintosh announced that he would go back to his death metal roots with his new band, VALLENFYRE. The level of expectation was set high with a lineup consisting of Hamish Glencross (guitar; MY DYING BRIDE), Scoot (bass; DOOM, EXTINCTION OF MANKIND), Adrian Erlandsson (drums; AT THE GATES, PARADISE LOST, THE HAUNTED) local friend Mully (second guitar) — and, of course, Gregor on vocals (for the first time in his career!). Their debut, "A Fragile King", was a reference to Gregor's father's (lost) battle with cancer; the harrowing, crusty death-doom found on the album was hailed as "a beast of a record" (Terrorizer) and "a sonic force that bites deep and hard" (Decibel). Simply put, "A Fragile King" is "old school to the bone" (Rock Hard). VALLENFYRE is: * Gregor Mackintosh (PARADISE LOST) - Vocals and Lead Guitar * Hamish Glencross (MY DYING BRIDE) - Rhythm and Lead Guitar * Mully - Rhythm Guitar * Scoot (DOOM, EXTINCTION OF MANKIND) - Bass * Adrian Erlandsson (AT THE GATES, PARADISE LOST, THE HAUNTED) – Drums Photo by Jason Zucco Left to right: Kurt Ballou (producer, GodCity Studio), Scoot (bass), Gregor Mackintosh (vocals and lead guitars) and Adrian Erlandsson (drums) "Cathedrals Of Dread" video:

More...