Party W/ Aja on St. Patrick's Day

Air Raid Siren

Maidens' Vox
Apr 26, 2004
My City Of Angels
www.myspace.com
A little last minute gig came in that I thought some of you may enjoy. So if you're not busy Fri March 17th and are in the downtown L.A. area, I'll wearing the green at McCormick and Schmick's (voted downtown L.A.'s best seafood restaurant) from 5-9 pm. There's no cover and they will be having a great buffet and of course, BEER! We'll be playing some old school R&B, as well as a few tunes from my solo CD. For those of you who've never heard Lynn Woolever (my co-writer & Clarence Clemons' musical director) play bass - you're in for a treat! :headbang: Along with Lynn will be Brian Price (of the Jazz Crusaders) on guitar , Marc Ritter (Pointer Sisters) on keys and Julio Figueroa (Michael Jackson) on drums.

McCormick and Schmick's
*633 West Fifth Street*
(In the courtyard)*
*Los Angeles, California 90071*
(213) 629-1929

I recommend parking in the City National Bldg. I don't recommend using the parking directly under the restaurant bldg.

And yes there's a plan B in case it rains - we'll be inside!
I really hope to see ya there!

Aja darling, I would go almost anywhere to see you... I'm sorry to say that downtown is the one place I only go if I'm getting paid and the boss is holding a gun to my head.

Have a great show and knock them all dead. I promise I'll be at any show I can attend that isn't down there.

:cry: :cry: Too far for me. Somebody take pictures that is going though.

Have a great show Aja!:kickass: :headbang:

P.S Lynn does some impressive work on Modern Babylon. Not flashy or difficult but what he does fits absolutley perfect in the groove.

Jim

spideyjg said:
:cry: :cry: Too far for me. Somebody take pictures that is going though.

Have a great show Aja!:kickass: :headbang:

P.S Lynn does some impressive work on Modern Babylon. Not flashy or difficult but what he does fits absolutley perfect in the groove.

Jim

Thanks Jim - I'll tell him what you said. He'll appreciate the props from a fellow bass player. I couldn't agree more - it's not that he isn't capable of the flash (cuz he's got chops for days) but he's such a great musician and always plays for the song not for himself. But when he lets loose - LOOK OUT! :worship:

He's always loved Jaco and is greatly influenced by him in his fretless work. Amazing stuff. My nickname for him is Rocco Pastorius - :lol: It came from the time he played with me and Bruce Conte in Vegas - not only did he come in on a Sat. night with no rehearsal and played the show down perfectly ( including the Tower songs Like What is Hip) Bruce was tripping because he sounded so much like Jaco and because he's the one of the only bassists he's played with that played Rocco's parts EXACTLY like the record! OUCH!!!!!o_O :headbang:

It was a really fun gig and it was PACKED! Since they moved it inside in case of rain ( and of course - Murphy's Law - it didn't rain a drop after 2 but by then it was too late - they had already decided to be inside!) Met quite a few MaidenS fans there as well, some totally by accident! Maiden fans are EVERYWHERE!!!!
:headbang:

Air Raid Siren said:
Thanks Jim -
It came from the time he played with me and Bruce Conte in Vegas - not only did he come in on a Sat. night with no rehearsal and played the show down perfectly ( including the Tower songs Like What is Hip) Bruce was tripping because he sounded so much like Jaco and because he's the one of the only bassists he's played with that played Rocco's parts EXACTLY like the record! OUCH!!!!!o_O :headbang:

To think at NAMM, I was advising him what to look at for an aggressive bass. o_O

From what you say he is one of those guys that is light years beyond me. :worship:

I love someone who plays what is right, not what is spectacular. Stu Hamm who is spectacular does that and so does Lynn so he is in good company. :worship: :headbang:

edit: Just now I had Modern Babylon going and my wife comes in wanting to know who it is. Now she wants the CD. :lol: Trust me Aja my wife is picky about voices so it is high praise indeed. I tried to tell her but she had to figure it out herself. :rolleyes: Ya think after 6 years she would trust my ears. :lol:

Jim

Air Raid Siren said:
It was a really fun gig and it was PACKED! Since they moved it inside in case of rain ( and of course - Murphy's Law - it didn't rain a drop after 2 but by then it was too late - they had already decided to be inside!) Met quite a few MaidenS fans there as well, some totally by accident! Maiden fans are EVERYWHERE!!!!
:headbang:

Glad you had a great night!!! What songs did you do Aja? Which ones from Modern Babylon?

Thanks Jenna! We actually only did a couple of tunes from my CD - The Wrong Man and Modern Babylon - because I had really limited rehearsal time with the band. This gig came in so last minute. But it was fun to do them again- it's been a LONG time since I've played any of my music out - and it's sparked my inspiration to do it some more. :headbang:

Air Raid Siren said:
Thanks Jenna! We actually only did a couple of tunes from my CD - The Wrong Man and Modern Babylon - because I had really limited rehearsal time with the band. This gig came in so last minute. But it was fun to do them again- it's been a LONG time since I've played any of my music out - and it's sparked my inspiration to do it some more. :headbang:

Hell yeah, you get out there and belt some of those tunes out!!! Your cd rocks hun!!!! I'd love to hear you doing some of those songs live!!! :headbang: