Pastore - classic heavy metal from Brazil

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
The band is led by some dude called Mario Pastore and he has a serious set of pipes on him. The guy channels Halford, Scheepers and a lof Sean Peck of Cage and some of his own style. The music is simple and classic, pounding heavy metal. The songs on myspace sound fuckin' awesome to these ears especially Far Away and the other two songs are very good too. If you like heavy true metal with killer vocals press the link without delay.

http://www.myspace.com/bandapastore

I should probably like this, but I don't. Something just isn't clicking with me. It's almost like they're trying too hard to replicate that classic style and come off as wannabees. That's my only guess at least as to why it doesn't click.

It's almost like they're trying too hard to replicate that classic style and come off as wannabees. That's my only guess at least as to why it doesn't click.

Knowing Mario Pastore's career, I can tell you that hes definitely not a wannabe. The guy has been around for a while, having been involved in projects of quality, that for the usual reasons didn't get much attention here in the States.

I like this. He reminds me of another Brazilian killer vocalist, Renato Tribuzy. Simon, have you heard of this? His debut album had special guests Kiko Loureiro, Bruce Dickinson and Michael Kiske. Check this out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing Mario Pastore's career, I can tell you that hes definitely not a wannabe. The guy has been around for a while, having been involved in projects of quality, that for the usual reasons didn't get much attention here in the States.

I like this. He reminds me of another Brazilian killer vocalist, Renato Tribuzy. Simon, have you heard of this? His debut album had special guests Kiko Loureiro, Bruce Dickinson and Michael Kiske. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CByPZgfrAKw

I know I said it incorrectly. I didn't necessarily mean he was a wannabee as much as it was me grasping at straws in terms of not understanding why I didn't like it as it has all the elements that I would like.

Now, this Tribuzy I do like a lot.

Here I thought I was the only one with the Tribuzy cd.

Will have to check out Patore.......that dude can blow.