Paul Gilbert & Freddie Nelson - United States

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
For those who stretch their musical pallet I have to receommend to you the Paul Gilbert & Freddie Nelson album entitled United States. It's one of the best albums I have heard this year, it's a power pop album that's not too far removed from classic Queen meets Marvelous Three or Butch Walker. This isn't a shredfest like Mr. Big or Racer X or Gilbert's solo albums this is well rounded record.

For those who stretch their musical pallet I have to receommend to you the Paul Gilbert & Freddie Nelson album entitled United States. It's one of the best albums I have heard this year, it's a power pop album that's not too far removed from classic Queen meets Marvelous Three or Butch Walker. This isn't a shredfest like Mr. Big or Racer X or Gilbert's solo albums this is well rounded record.

Well said my friend, Paul played 2 songs from it and they sounded even better live, I caught them this year here in San Diego at the HOB on the guitar generation tour with Lynch & Kotzen

Cool. Did he have Freddie Neslon singing or he did i he do instrumental versions?

Paul sang both really good, he did solo Gilbert from Get out my yard and the Rhino cd hehe mostly,3 Racer X instrumentals & 2 Mr Big tunes, it was a very mixed set, and Paul sounded awesome with those vintage modern Marshalls he plays now

Paul sang both really good, he did solo Gilbert from Get out my yard and the Rhino cd hehe mostly,3 Racer X instrumentals & 2 Mr Big tunes, it was a very mixed set, and Paul sounded awesome with those vintage modern Marshalls he plays now

Sounds like a killer set man. Hey what's the deal with him and those head phones, he's not going deaf these days is he?!

Sounds like a killer set man. Hey what's the deal with him and those head phones, he's not going deaf these days is he?!

He lost a lot of hearing % due to the Racer X days playing live behind 9 blasting cabinets, on the Ibanez website(Japan only) the Ibanez Fireman Gilbert model, only availabel in Japan comes with the headphones too!!

He lost a lot of hearing % due to the Racer X days playing live behind 9 blasting cabinets, on the Ibanez website(Japan only) the Ibanez Fireman Gilbert model, only availabel in Japan comes with the headphones too!!

Holy shit! That's too bad man. He's a great guitarist. Racer X was the shit.
You remember the guitar he had when he was in Racer X with the fucking fringe on it?! How fucking off the wall was that?! He also used it later on with Mr. Big. I recall reading somewhere where he said the fringe worked well for keeping his hands dry as they brushed off excess hand sweat...