PAUL RODGERS GLASGOW GIG (With great Pics)

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Went to see Paul Rodgers at Clyde Auditorium on Friday night and I'm still in a state of shock at how earthshatteringly awesome he was live.

We didn't bother going for the support bands and got to the Auditorium at 8.30 and the steward told us that Paul Rodgers had just come on stage . He took us down to our seats, we had 3rd row tickets and said you can sit there or you can stand right at the front of the stage . YOU BEAUTY, I couldn't believe it cos I've never seen anyone at any gig standing at the very front of stage at the Auditorium. There was about 10 folk standing at the front of the stage and we were standing just to the right of the legend that is PAUL RODGERS!!!! Wow I still canny believe I was only about 3 few feet away from him - MINDBLOWING!!!!

He belted out those classics one after the other and what a voice he's got, definitely one of the greatest voices in RAWK. He looked absolutely fantastic, nice and lean and gorgeous, I was just totally mesmerised by him. He kept saying "I feel the love Glasgow, I can feel the love". I was flying out my box and I shouts back "Well you can come over here and feel me anytime ya like" but unfortunately he didn't. The sound was totally crystal clear with a dazzling light show as well and he sung every song I wanted to hear (apart from Heavy Load) - we got Bad Company, Wishing Well, The Hunter, Fire & Water, The Stealer,Alright Now, Feel Like Making Love, Radioactive, Can't Get Enough, a couple of others plus one new song, canny remember what that was called but it sounded great. I very nearly spontaneously combusted when he sang Fire & Water, it was spectacular, so that was my fav song of the night but also Bad Company and Wishing Well rocked like sin.

Everyone in the whole place was just in awe of him, everyone was out of their seats, dancing in the aisles etc., the whole place was jumpin and by the end of the concert, there was loads of folk standing right in front of stage.

But it was over in a flash - felt like he was only on for about half an hour, then they went off, came back for 1st encore and sang 3 more songs and he'd changed his tshirt from a white one to a yellow one and then Paul Rodgers came back for 2nd encore just himself and sang SEAGULL . Totally superior concert and I loved every single minute of it but I think he they only played for approx 90 minutes cos we were back in the Solid Rock Bar for 10.20pm!!!!!!

And the wee guitarist who looked only about 16 was fantastic. Sensational night and brilliant laugh before and after the gig in the pub.

Here's a few pics I took - the first 2 are me in the famous Angel Witch tshirt and my 2 pals, Maxine and Stewart.

DSC_2068.jpg

DSC_2069.jpg

DSC_2064.jpg

DSC_2054.jpg

DSC_2052.jpg

DSC_2044.jpg

DSC_2041.jpg

DSC_2040.jpg

DSC_2032.jpg

DSC_2019.jpg

DSC_2018.jpg

DSC_2017.jpg

DSC_2014.jpg

DSC_2011.jpg

Looks like a great gig! Vaguely related, I saw Bad Co, but it wasn't Paul on vocals. They were supporting Deep Purple in 1987 - I found a crate of cider under my seat at the venue! By the time blackmore started the quadrophonic solo, I nearly fell over!

Glad you had a great night!

Cheers!
Klingonbear