PAUL STANLEY Rules Out Original KISS Reunion: 'I Have No Thoughts Of Re-Visiting The Past'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
In a brand new interview with Billboard, Paul Stanley was once again asked about the possibility of a reunion of KISS's original lineup, featuring guitarist Ace Frehley and drummer Peter Criss. He responded: "No. And that's not coming from any place of animosity. I sang on Ace's most recent album and did a video with him. I have the connection and the reconnection and to celebrate the good things we've done together is terrific. The band as it is — I've played with [current KISS drummer] Eric Singer for, I think, 25 years and Tommy's [Thayer, guitar] been in the band probably 15 years at this point. I have no thoughts of re-visiting the past. With that said, I am happy to enhance or do whatever I can for anyone who has helped put me where I am, but that doesn't include getting hitched again to somebody I unhitched from." Rumors about Frehley's return to KISS gained strength last year after he teamed up with Stanley on a cover of FREE's "Fire And Water", marking their first collaboration since 1998's "Psycho Circus". Frehley's version of "Fire And Water" appears on his covers collection "Origins, Vol 1", which received great reviews and landed in the Top 25 on the Billboard album chart. Other high-profile artists guesting with Ace on "Origins, Vol 1" are Slash, Lita Ford, Mike McCready and John 5.

Continue reading...