PAUL STANLEY Says 'It Will Be Fun' To See ACE FREHLEY And PETER CRISS At ROCK HALL In

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Despite the fact that he has had some choice words for Ace Frehley and Peter Criss in recent interviews and in his just-published autobiography, KISS guitarist/vocalist Paul Stanley says that he is not at all nervous about seeing his former KISS bandmates at tomorrow night's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony in Brooklyn, New York."It'll be fun to see Ace and Peter and it doesn't change all my beliefs or theirs," Stanley tells VH1 Radio Network's Dave Basner. "Any resentments or feelings they have about me aren't going to magically disappear, but we have something to look at and be proud. We created something amazing together."Stanley, who has called the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame "tainted, corrupted and distorted" on the eve of KISS' induction, does not think that he will feel uncomfortable at tomorrow night's event."No, I honestly don't know what to expect, especially when you're invited to a party that they don't want you at," he tells VH1 Radio Network. "When you get invited to a party after 14 years, it's not because you're being met with open arms. So we're going, of course, because, for some of the fans, it's validation. Fans feel that they have championed the band, and out of respect to them, I'm absolutely going. It's just not what people believe it to be. It's such a wonderful title, Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, but in fact, it's a small boys club." KISS leaders Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley have refused to perform with fellow co-founding members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss at the induction ceremony, unless the current members of KISS can also perform. Current KISS members Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer will not be inducted along with the band's original lineup, a decision by the Rock Hall which has angered Simmons and Stanley.All four members of the current lineup of KISS will attend the band's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony. They will be accompanied at their table by guitarist Bruce Kulick, who played in KISS during from 1984 to 1996.

More...