Paul & Yngwie's possible duet!

Dado-x

Senior Citizen
Sep 17, 2002
Slovenia
Visit site
Former MR. BIG guitarist Paul Gilbert and Yngwie Malmsteen have discussed a possible collaboration — on an album of Elvis Presley covers!

"Swedish guitarist Yngwie Malmsteen was a big influence on my guitar playing when he exploded onto the heavy metal scene in the mid-'80's," Gilbert wrote on his official web site.

"Now I have the honor of appearing on the cover of Japan's Young Guitar magazine with him.

"I dressed as Elvis and put rhinestones and fringe all over my Ibanez PGM guitar for the occasion. I asked Yngwie about doing an album together someday of all Elvis songs, and he seemed to like the idea. We could call it YNG and The KING."

"Move over, Celine and Barbra. Here comes a REAL duet."

blabbermouth.net

Paul's a comedian, but to make news of it is just stretching it. I was actually thinking this morning that someone will take it literally.

I haven't seen any translations of the interview, but I haven't looked. I was asked to do this one by an Yngwie site because I translated a number of other Japanese BURRN! and Young Guitar articles previously, but I don't have this issue or the time to translate it unfortunately.

The cover is funny though - young Elvis and old Elvis in the one shot.

Originally posted by Chris Brooks
Paul's a comedian, but to make news of it is just stretching it. I was actually thinking this morning that someone will take it literally.

I haven't seen any translations of the interview, but I haven't looked. I was asked to do this one by an Yngwie site because I translated a number of other Japanese BURRN! and Young Guitar articles previously, but I don't have this issue or the time to translate it unfortunately.

The cover is funny though - young Elvis and old Elvis in the one shot.

Thanks for responding Chris. I was thinking of you in particular for the translation - I remembered you did a couple before.

omg!!! this will be good!! lol I hope its for real,, I would love to hear that!! lol
I always have love Pauls playing, he's great,, nice guy too.. meet him at a clinic he did here in Ohio a couple years back,, it was really cool!:eek:
very cool and funny dude!!:lol: