Peace Sells...But it's two vocalists!

ron_Pk

New Metal Member
Dec 24, 2022
Hello everyone!

Just wanna share our version of a Megadeth classic. Peace Sells!
We decided to make a version with two vocals! Thank you for watching!

Reactions: Bloopy
Nice, two vocalists trying to out-Mustaine each other!
Not really. I`m the dude who only sings on the video. And I sang in my own style, doing things Mustaine wouldn`t.
Even more in our Holy Wars cover.

Reasons:

first - Just to be different, because if it`s a copy, what`s the purpose of a cover?

second - not at all trying to be better than Mustaine or even better than my band mate, because Dave wrote the fucking song and all praise be to him.

Third - Having fun with a song we love and just willing to share the fun.

Fourth - what the hell you want? that I sang like Britney Spears?

Fifth - chill out, if we made our own music even if it was great - chances are you wouldn't like it anyway just because it`s new.

BECAUSE ... you see? Playing music well is not enough anymore. Nowadays it`s all about behaving like a clown on youtube with some comedic show.
Or having a pair of legs and boobs to have attention.
I don`t see ANY metal band becoming rock stars at the level of Megadeth, Metallica, Maiden, Judas Priest etc nowadays.

And why? because nobody gives a fuck about new bands, even if they are good.
And I`m not even saying that to suggest I`m good, but ANY new band.

I tell you why. Anyone can make quality stuff nowadays with a little tech knowledge, unlike in the past that this
was a luxury to those who had a contract with a record company. So we saw the big cool productions and were like ''Ohhhh wow''
And there it is your rock idol.
But nowadays? what`s special about this? anyone can do it. So no new band is seen like rock idols anymore, but just dudes playing music.

Hence your disdain to anyone new playing music.

If Dave Mustaine was 20 years old now, and started a band today, you would be unimpressed the same.

Last edited:
I just enjoyed your cover and said it was nice. I thought the 2 vocalists was a great idea. Now it seems like I'm being attacked for it with a whole lot of questions and shit.

Anyway, in my forum signature I have a link to my own Megadeth cover. I deliberately tried to exaggerate the Mustaine factor as I've heard some covers that are really bland because they don't even try that. Yours isn't bland though, it's cool!

I just enjoyed your cover and said it was nice. I thought the 2 vocalists was a great idea. Now it seems like I'm being attacked for it with a whole lot of questions and shit.

Anyway, in my forum signature I have a link to my own Megadeth cover. I deliberately tried to exaggerate the Mustaine factor as I've heard some covers that are really bland because they don't even try that. Yours isn't bland though, it's cool!
LOL
Not an attack, far from it. Just stating some facts. If those facts don`t apply to you, I am humble enough to apologize.
Your comment is that kind of comment that one can not be sure it is positive or negative.
To me it sounded like ``ah just two guys trying to do the best Mustaine impersonation'' lol

If anything I said does not apply to you, I apologize. But what I said about music today is true though. It`s even an interesting topic to talk about.

Why no rock stars anymore except the old stars? My thought is that technology and youtube made everything saturated and things that used to be exclusive became available to the masses, so at the same time people are producing a lot of quality stuff, nobody gives a fuck.

Thanks for your nice words about the cover though. But still nobody is obliged to like though of course.

With the market being so saturated, each person's favourite new rock & metal will differ more compared to the next person's list. The fans have less time to spend on each band's material. Plus, the billionaires hoard more money than ever in this world, so surely less cash goes to musicians too. So then some musicians figure nobody cares about their music, which is amusing because they're part of the cause in the first place (making so much music). 30+ years ago there was a crazy amount of bands who could never even make any quality recordings because it was too expensive. I much prefer how things are now since we actually get the chance to hear the music.

There are some newer rock bands that seem to be on the up, eg. Idles or Black Midi. But I guess it takes decades for them now. The older/general fan base is slower to catch onto things because they aren't being spoonfed via radio so much, and they already have enough rock at their fingertips to last a lifetime.

Which reminds me, rock is old and it's got to keep evolving. I definitely have time for covers and more of the same, but I also want to hear bands trying new things that are unlike any I've heard before. I know a bunch of bands from my country that achieve that, eg. Left or Right, Wax Chattels, The All Seeing Hand. It's just difficult to find the time to discover more bands I like of any sort from around the world, but I'll give it another good go eventually.