Pentagram are back!

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Sorry doom fans I'm not talking about that Pentagram but about the biggest metal band in Turkey. Anatolia is one of my fave albums of the 90s and I think you could say they were one of the first bands to incorporate middle eastern influences in their music. I also like the Unspoken album which they released as Mezarkabul cause they can't use the name Pentagram worldwide but only in their homeland. Their long running singer has left and they have a new guy for this album who has a nice voice despite the accent. The music is slightly doomy classic heavy metal with plenty of melody. The second song here is sung in Turkish but the chorus melody is excellent.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SbnTCwmYEg&feature=player_detailpage[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought for sure you meant this Pentagram from Chile, who are playing Maryland Deathfest this year!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9M2XsyH4UQ&feature=related[/ame]

Surely you mean the original doom band from the 70's from the USA

:devil:

I am glad Mezarkabul is back with a new album even though they decided to go back to using Pentagram

I am glad Mezarkabul is back with a new album even though they decided to go back to using Pentagram

As a matter of fact, I don't think they ever stopped using "Pentagram" as name. Because my copy of Unspoken is by the band Pentagram (and not Mezarkabul). When they use Pentagram, it's for their local market. This new album has 4 songs in Turkish, so maybe they don't aim the international market, or don't have an international record deal at this time.

As a matter of fact, I don't think they ever stopped using "Pentagram" as name. Because my copy of Unspoken is by the band Pentagram (and not Mezarkabul). When they use Pentagram, it's for their local market. This new album has 4 songs in Turkish, so maybe they don't aim the international market, or don't have an international record deal at this time.

Right! my copy of Unspoken is Mezarkabul but it says right on the bottom of the back of the cd "Mezarkabul is Identical to Pentagram from Istanbul", kind of funny Still glad they are still making music, great band!

Bear

Hey Pirage, thanks for this. I was wondering what happened to them. I like the Anatolia album a lot too. I even have the live album with the statue with gigantic shlong on the cover. Didn't like the later ones much though.