Peppered Cancer?

Scratch

TeH NeKr0noMiKOR
Jun 18, 2004
The Pits Of England
www.freewebs.com
I recently downloaded a track called "Peppered Cancer" with SI's name attached. I don't think it's on Complete/Compatible or any of its' reissues/additional versions - but it is amazing. MSN me for the file if this is as rare as I think it is - anyone care to debunk this theory?

I recently traded mp3s with another dude and he sent me "Peppered Cancer" & "School." I felt production on both were quite thin. However, I own the Japanese pressing of Ink Compatible which has the bonus track "A Quick Affix," which actually is "Peppered Cancer," with better production.

Yep, Peppered Cancer is pretty much the same song as "A Quick Affix". When we got "Ink Compatible" licensed by Marquee, they wanted an extra bonus track, and we didn't have any more unreleased Spastic Ink songs. We could have left off a song for the rest of the world so that Japan would have an extra track, but I didn't want to do that for obivous reasons. As so we dug up the closest thing, and it was the songs that Bobby and I put together for his drum clinics and video.

There are two recordings of the song. Bobby first recorded Peppered Cancer with a Roland multitracking unit that he returned after using it for a month or so. He later got his own ADAT and retracked the drums. We used the same guitar and bass recordings for both versions, but I added a few things for the "A Quick Affix" version, and tried to make it more of an Ink song. I would have like to have changed all of the chord progressions to be something not so normal, but that's what Bobby what he wanted for his clinic songs.