Pete Way

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I just heard a live interview with Phil Mogg on Eddie Trunk's Friday Nght Rocks show. Phil stated that Pete is on and off the wagon and the last he knew he was still drinking resulting in more health troubles. It's sad man, like I had stated about a year ago, Pete isn't well and it was alcohol related. Prior to SPV closing shop in the USA I had a conversation with someone from SPV (again) about Pete and I was told that his liver disease was a direct result of his alcoholism. One can only pray that he gets his shit together.

It seems considering some artists passing away recently from liver or related problems that alcoholism is the new curse in rock/metal.

I know is a tough business and that life on the road is even harder, but looking back all the way since Elvis up to now that either medicines, illegal drugs or alcohol have been always accursing musicians. Sad indeed.

It seems considering some artists passing away recently from liver or related problems that alcoholism is the new curse in rock/metal.

I know is a tough business and that life on the road is even harder, but looking back all the way since Elvis up to now that either medicines, illegal drugs or alcohol have been always accursing musicians. Sad indeed.

I hope Pete gets his shit together soon. I really do. I'd hate to not have him record or tour again with UFO...

i too hope he gets better! a great and influential bass player(steve harris,rick savage are quick to give props)

prayers that he gets better and much more great UFO music in the future

Played with UFO last week and talked to Andy Parker about him in length, very sad indeed and the outlook isn't good.

I'm sure it's not when I spoke to Vinnie this past spring he was optimistic but when you're talking about liver disease the outlook isn't always good. Their touring bass player did Pete justice but it's just strange not having Pete on stage. I was hoping they'd have Barry Sparks as he played with them in Europe but it was Rob Deluca which is fine because he played with them on the last tour...