Peter Gabriel

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
Anybody here like Peter Gabriel? I think his solo work is brilliant. "In Your Eyes" is one of the best love songs ever. He has so much "soul" in his voice.

Peter Gabriel was once the frontman for Genesis.

He's the dude with the weird bald spot.

Genesis1973.jpg

I just picked up the new Gabriel-organized world album Big Blue Ball. It's amazing, unique while still maintaining the classic Gabriel sound. Gabriel has always been one of my all-time favorite musicians. His talent (as well as the talents of several others from all over the world) are shown wonderfully on this album. There are some rockers, and some of the most relaxing songs I've ever heard. Awesome record Pete!

I've got most of his solo albums and they're all really good. Oddly I've never listened to his Genesis stuff.

The Genesis material is different. It's more progressive, less electronic. Great stuff though. Albums like Foxtrot, Selling England By the Pound, and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway are genius works of art.

^
I second that.
Add in Nursery crime as well...Fk'in Brilliant. I could go on listening to them forever :headbang:

Anyways, most of his solo work were pretty consistent as well. Peter Gabriel 1,3 & 4 are my favorites. I didn't particularly like the recent release. His videos are quite cool as well...never gets old, although sometimes, the songs are quite overplayed and it starts getting annoying.

Big Blue Ball.
I don't know...i just didn't like it on first listen.
Whole Thing, Altus Silva & Exit Through You were my favorite tracks(I don't remember the artists). The rest...kinda just felt out of sorts.
I'll give it another go later.

Big Blue Ball.
I don't know...i just didn't like it on first listen.
Whole Thing, Altus Silva & Exit Through You were my favorite tracks(I don't remember the artists). The rest...kinda just felt out of sorts.
I'll give it another go later.

the indian track was good otherwise meh

I typically don't enjoy a wide variety of world music, but I love what Gabriel does to it and the melodies he puts into it. On Big Blue Ball, there are a few songs that are just mediocre. Most of the album though, I think, really demonstrates a blending of cultures, which I think is cool.

Dem0n0id, the songs you mentioned are actually three of my favorites from the record. All three of those songs are very "Gabriel" in nature, and have less of the "world music" feel. The rest of the album is a bit more obscure, and takes more time and devotion to appreciate, I believe.

Also, the title track is a beautiful song. I loved that one the first time I heard it.