Photos: Death Angel, God Forbid and more in Seattle

Mortado

Apr 9, 2002
Seattle WA USA
www.gravemusic.com
Photo spam time with photos from the Death Angel, God Forbid, Soilent Green and Light This City show at Studio Seven in Seattle on May 31st! Links to the full photo sets will follow. Please check them out when you have the time, feedback is always appreciated.

deathangel053108_028.jpg

deathangel053108_049.jpg

deathangel053108_076.jpg

deathangel053108_097.jpg

Death Angel

godforbid053108_07.jpg

godforbid053108_09.jpg

godforbid053108_30.jpg

godforbid053108_36.jpg

God Forbid

soilent053108_08.jpg

soilent053108_19.jpg

soilent053108_05.jpg

Soilent Green

More Death Angel photos here and here

More God Forbid photos - here and here

More Soilent Green photos - here and here

Light This City photos - here and here

Thanks for the Death angel pics, fuckin' awesome.

Death Angel was definitely the band I was there to actually see. My next is just finally recovering from the excessive headbanging with a 7 pound weight (camera, lens and flash) around my neck. I ended up having to discard around 75 percent of the photos I took of them due to excessive camera shake as I find it hard to be still when I'm really getting into the music. Despite their age the dudes have a HELL of a lot of energy and move around as much as bands like Iron Maiden. Definitely one of the best live bands out there!

What was their setlist?

Death Angel's set list went like this, can't comment on any of the others :)

01. Lord Of Hate
02. Evil Priest
03. Buried Alive
04. Voracious Souls
05. Dethroned
06. Carnival Justice
07. Sonic Beatdown
08. Soulless
09. Kill As One
10. The Ultra-Violence / Seemingly Endless Time
11. Thrown To The Wolves

Encore:
Cover tune, not sure what it was
Seek and Destroy (Metallica cover with Soylent Green's drummer playing drums, Death Angel's drummer, God Forbid's guitarist and Ben Falgoust (Soilent Green/Goatwhore) on vocals.

Despite their age the dudes have a HELL of a lot of energy and move around as much as bands like Iron Maiden.
Heh...Maiden's a good deal older than them, so that's not that impressive...
But anyhow. I have Act III and like it. Where do I go from there? I'm thinking The Ultra-Violence.

Yeah and after those, you can skip The Art of Dying. Killing Season is worth a listen tho.