Pirate DVD

cgraus

New Metal Member
Aug 11, 2005
I bought a DVD on ebay, thinking it was Anthrax clips, and it turned out to be a really old interview with the band. However, the interview ( SOE era, I think ), was interspersed with live clips taken from 'Music of Mass Destruction'. As far as I can see, that can only be illegal. Does anyone know how I can best advise the band of this ? They can have the damn DVD if it helps them. The ebay seller is listed as being in Brazil, but I got his address and it's in Miami.

But surely, official or not, they don't have the right to copy live clips off MOMD and sell them ?

cgraus said:
But surely, official or not, they don't have the right to copy live clips off MOMD and sell them ?

They can do lots of whacky shit in Brazil. I have copies of Rush and Iron Maiden DVDs from Brazil releases that essentially take the VHS tapes and put them on DVD. I'll buy the official releases on DVD in the USA if they ever get released.

Yeah, I have Live after Death from Brazil like that. I'm SO spewing that Maiden are releasing a Dance of Death DVD before they do the official LAD. But, the guy who is selling them is in Miami - that's why I want to contact the band, so they can stop this guy selling the DVDs. I know they can't stop the people in Brazil making them.

chiefs45177 said:

That Anthrax Unauthorized is somewhat legal. I bought that DVD at Tower Records.

Although the DVD listed on eBay looks like a copy. My copy, the Anthrax letters on the DVD disc is Silver and does not have any color except the Disc being parts of Green

jdelpi said:
They can do lots of whacky shit in Brazil. I have copies of Rush and Iron Maiden DVDs from Brazil releases that essentially take the VHS tapes and put them on DVD. I'll buy the official releases on DVD in the USA if they ever get released.

If it´s the 12 Wasted Years dvd from Brazil that you´ve got, then it´s kinda 50/50 bootleg/official.
The brazillian company that has released the dvd, actually bought the rights to the 12WY vhs i Brazil. So it´s more or less legal for them to sell the dvd in Brazil (as far as I´ve been told), but illegal to sell it outside of Brazil.
Does this make any sense?

A friend of mine accidentally bought 180 copies of it. :rolleyes: :D

Miltbrand said:
If it´s the 12 Wasted Years dvd from Brazil that you´ve got, then it´s kinda 50/50 bootleg/official.
The brazillian company that has released the dvd, actually bought the rights to the 12WY vhs i Brazil. So it´s more or less legal for them to sell the dvd in Brazil (as far as I´ve been told), but illegal to sell it outside of Brazil.
Does this make any sense?

A friend of mine accidentally bought 180 copies of it. :rolleyes: :D

Makes sense. I have a DVD+R copy of Live After Death though.