Planet X - MoonBabies

i think they are more technical in another way... i think the rythmics are more complex than spastic ink's.

The first PlanetX-Album wasn`t that great, but MoonBabies is excellent.

I like both planet x, but I like Ron Jarzombek's writing more than Derek S. But I gotta say I've listened to both Planet X 's alot, they are great. The first one reminds me of Eddie Jobson/UK/ Zink/Green stuff, enjoyed it a bunch. Virgil's Serious Young Insects is another great CD. Where did you find Moonbabies? I didnt know it was out yet. I will get it IMMEDIATELY. Virgil is one of the BEST if not the BEST drummer to walk the EARTH!!!

Yeah, Planet X rules alright. I haven't heard the new CD yet, but I've seen them live on their European tour a few years back. Excellent playing from Virgil and a killer solo. But the same can be said of Tony MacAlpine and what's his name, the bassplayer from Steve Morse Band.
Derek S. solo sure was boring though. That's probably why they kicked him out of Dream Theater.:D

Thanks for letting me in on the awsome Moonbabies cd. I found it at Borders later that day and have been spinning it constantly since. It is definitely a very technical disc, especially the way the chords and exotic modes weave together, very fusion-y. I do think that it is vary close to being as complex as Ink, but more because of the above mentioned insanity, although they don't seem to do as much crazy stuff with the meters as Ron (not that anyone else does).

I just got the new Planet X Moonbabies, listened to it all the way thru, its super technical and will be spinning alot the next few weeks. NO complaints here!! Great Stuff!! I'm sure I'll be gushing even more when SI releases Ink Compatible!! Woo hoo!!