Plant/Page Walking Into Clarksdale

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I picked up Walking Into Clarksdale last night used for $6.99. I hadn't heard a lick off this album, it was there and I had traded in a bunch of metalcore that I reviewed and wasn't keeping... I should have kept some of the metalcore rather than picking this up. It's a not even a shell of what Plant and Page are capable of!!!!! I don't know what's worse the Puffy Daddy song Page did for the Godzilla album or any track on this album?! Who liked this!

I liked it too. In that era there were doing some India-style stuff, and I really admired that. They had always wanted to do something like that, and I thought it was great that they got together and progressed with something they loved, rather than reshashed the past.

i agree with you sixxswine. i like robert plants solo stuff up until that point and i like jimmy pages stuff outside of zeppelin up until that point but walkin into clarkesdale sucks. i gave mine to a friend who's favorite band is zeppelin. he traded it in to a used cd store

I'm merely trying to get a feel for what some of you guys thought about the record. To me this album seemed more like a Plant solo album, which as is had that been the case it would have been "okay" but as a Plant Page effort?! Man this just didn't move me.

Havent heard it but other Page stuff thats been mentioned I have.

Coverdale/Page has one of my favorite songs - Take me for a Little While but the rest is just decent music. Prayer for the Dying starts out sounding like a killer song is about to unfold but then I dont like some of the arrangement and stressed out vocals

Outrider is just a decent recording that I can listen to from time to time

I'll always remember the old LZ but somehow I just get the feeling they declined quickly after Phy Graf and Presence with In through the out Door. Fool in the Rain being the song I most appreaciate from that and its Bonhams shuffling drum beat that makes it, and the fat octave harmonized solo which has always had me baffeled as to how and who did it. ...... never mind here it is - "Page uses an MXR Blue Box effect pedal during the solo to produce the octave sound."

Good album. Not on par with Zeppelin... but no one should have expected it to be.

Check out new Robert Plant album -- the whole album is duets with Alison Krauss. Definately not zeppelin & not metal, but looks awesome.