Playing Regression

Lord Lemons

May 1, 2007
Ugh, this is the second time this has happened. I devote a day to sweeping, and my economy picking skills go to shit. I was able to pull off 16th notes at 170 yesterday, now I'm at 120. Why does this happen? Is this normal for anybody else?

This is horrible. Even when I move the tempo lower, I still can't play accurately. I don't get this. I don't get this at all.

How Stella got her groove back- practice all day.

Note to self. Every hours of Sweep Practice, take a 15 minute alt picking break.

Don't practice everyday. Do 1 day breaks when it feels necessary. What I do is in my schedule I try to maintain train-train-break-train-break-(...) sequence in days. I also find that training any 1 thing for more than 3 hours doesn't give great results anymore.

Don't practice everyday. Do 1 day breaks when it feels necessary. What I do is in my schedule I try to maintain train-train-break-train-break-(...) sequence in days. I also find that training any 1 thing for more than 3 hours doesn't give great results anymore.

Yeah, I've been practicing both picking and sweeping simutainiously. It's working, and I've progressed even further. Taking naps seems to help too. :)

Hi Chris and other Guys,
I am new here and my english is not perfect. So my problem is I want to train scales and totally map ot my fingerboard, have any of you some idea how it training. I have some exercise but when I see Chris or some shredders like he I think my exercise I quite bad and ,,no progress". One of my friend told me some exercise when I work with numbers but I want to know how work with scales Chris and you...Please tell me it!

My teacher proposed me this way of training major scales: he tought me C major in 5 types (these are positions, depending on which string You pick C note on), and then told me to play all the scales up to next C by going up a perfect fourth (5 half tones) until I get to the next C type (each time You play another C scale You're up 2 frets), then move ahead until how many frets You have... I have 24. I don't know if it's perfect, but if You're interested I can tab You those types and post further instructions.

Michael