Playing to click and prerecorded keyboards

Atheist

Who'r u calling a Junior?
Nov 11, 2003
Belgrade
Visit site
I need your oppinion about this. My band have a problem finding a keyboard player so we thought we could try with prerecorded keyboards.

What's the best way to do it? And the budget is almost zero. My idea is to make an mp3 file with keyboards on one channel and click on the other and split the output of mp3 player between drummers headphones and PA.

I think that the biggest problem is that our drummer won't hear the click. I mean, I play drums a bit too and I tried playing to click from headphones and I've never got it loud enought.

Be carefull with an mp3 player they sometime bleed over and you can still hear the clicks in the FOH signal. We use a laptop live but i know alot of people are afraid of that but it works great. If you go the mp3 route just get a good headphone amp and tell the drummer to get good ear buds. etimonics makes some pretty good ones for around a bill.

We used to use a Discman with a Y splitter cable. The left side with the click went to a cheap arse behringer mixer used as a headphone preamp for our drummer and the right side to the PA. It skipped a little bit with older CD-Rs but to be fiar the discman was old and fukked. We use a laptop now.

So i need an amp. I think my friend can make one for me. Since it's only for click I guess it don't have to have some top quality sound.

I need your oppinion about this. My band have a problem finding a keyboard player so we thought we could try with prerecorded keyboards.

What's the best way to do it? And the budget is almost zero. My idea is to make an mp3 file with keyboards on one channel and click on the other and split the output of mp3 player between drummers headphones and PA.

I think that the biggest problem is that our drummer won't hear the click. I mean, I play drums a bit too and I tried playing to click from headphones and I've never got it loud enought.

we use an Ipod. the click signal is sent to a small mixer. the drummer also has a kickdrum signal connected so he can monitor it. you can add guitars and keys too if you like.